
Today we've had a fun day! We were doing some math this morning and talking about a dozen being 12 items. We had 12 gingerbread men to cut out and then Q wrote the numbers 1-12 on each of them. He was having a great time lining them up on the floor. After lining them up a few times, he picked up Gingerbread Man #2 and gave it to his sister, saying "Here this is for you because you're 2!" I thought, oh how sweet. Then he picked up #1 and handed it to me saying, "This one is for you because you're 41." YIKES! I said, "No not 41, how old is Mommy?" He looked at me with the cutest look thinking he was correcting himself, and said "Oh, you're 61!" Double YIKES! Then I corrected him, "No Mommy is 31." Well, Daddy came home for lunch today and we were talking about our dozen gingerbread men. After telling Daddy about how kind Q was to give his sister a 2 and how he got the second half of mine correct :) I asked Q what number he would give to Daddy, and he says, "a 2 because Daddy is 22!" Daddy had the biggest smile on his face while I let Q know that Daddy is not 22, but 32." I just can't cut a break today! :)
7 comments:
Ouch! At least he was super cute in the process ;)
he he he! And I agree with devildogwife - if he had to say it, it's good he was SO cute!
Hi!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Im enjoying yours too.
~ Candy
What beautiful kids! I have a soft spot for chubby cheeked little babies...I've had four!
Love the story too...my kids ask us all the time how old we are and they always have this awe struck look when we say the numbers (you thought I was going to say it didn't you:-).
Kids are awesome!
Hi, this is Nikki from the Interlock list (from York.) Thanks for posting about your "school" days. This is very helpful!
Adorable kids! I love that you are taking the time to teach your kids in such a fun way. I was a teacher before a mom and love implementing teaching into our daily lives. Keep up the great work!
I found your blog through another and had fun learning more about you. Feel free to stop and check out mine if you would like. :)
I love your post. Aren't kids the cutest!!
Cute picture of your kids on your sidebar.
I found your blog through Ginger's.
I hope it is ok to comment.
Feel free to visit mine and comment anytime.
www.blogginwithlori.blogspot.com
Post a Comment