February 5, 2007

We did it!

We have started up again after a 2.5 month break and we had a good day. I'll say good, because there were a few interruptions, so it was not bad - it was good!!
Q woke up first and after he dilly-dallied for 15 min we came downstairs for breakfast. I started working with him during breakfast because he likes oatmeal and needs a good 15 min for it to cool down! :-)

We started out really well and he was definitely enjoying the talk about frogs. Well, 30 min into it, C woke up hungry. So while feeding him, I continued on with Q. As I was putting C down for some floor time, I heard E. I left Q to color and got E set up for breakfast. We finished Q's work with a fun phonics game (4 card takeaway). After E finished, she and Q headed to the playroom. I didn't get all the one-on-one time I was hoping for, but it'll come, I know.

I am just glad we made the move to get started again! I am going to have to be clever in finding other ways to 'squeeze in' some school time.

I know this wasn't a glorious first-day-back post, which I am sure no one was expecting, but I am glad we accomplished what we did for the day!! I love that Interlock is a 3-day program, because I think time-wise, we may need to stretch it out into a 5-day program -- doing less work on more days, and I think it'll work well for us!

1 comment:

weavermom said...

Yay! It will only get easier (though there may be THOSE days) :)