August 28, 2009

Friday's Five

  1. We were to have a pool party with our Sunday school class tonight, but it has been cancelled due to rain and cooler temps...and I'm not complaining! ;-)

  2. My inlaws return from vacation this weekend and I'm eager for their safe return as well as to hear about their trip to England.

  3. Gum does the body good! Ever try using gum to keep your children focused? It works wonders to keep Q focused on math! Thanks WeaverMom!

  4. Today we finished our 4th week of school - ahhhh, so good to be back into a routine. Q is in 2nd grade, E is doing pre-K/K work and C provides the comic relief!!

  5. The kids and I had a great time with their cousins here for 2 days! However, we all appreciated sleeping in this morning! :-D




post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is keeping you busy as always. Glad school is starting out on the right foot. Gum huh? Pretty sure it would have ended up in the long hair of my child..somehow for sure!

Happy rainy weekend to ya!

Susan said...

Hard to believe Q is in the 2nd grade!!
Susan

weavermom said...

I can't believe how much the gum trick works. :)

Glad to hear that school is going well!! :)

Just Mom said...

What? C is doing your job??

;-D

Brandi said...

The gum does work. I was kicking myself (on the inside) earlier this week. A couple of my kids were chewing their gum like cows chewing cud, and I said, "that's it no more chewing gum during school time... err... unless I tell you to!" I'm glad I got in the qualifier. Now, I can use that trick without the kids telling me their not allowed to chew gum during school. lol

Susan said...

I know teachers that use this in school too. I love it. I wish the temps were turning cooler here. UGH.

Hope you're well.

:-) Susan