August 21, 2009

Friday's Five



I picked up a copy of "The Fishwrapper" last night from a local store.  It is a "little, big paper" that offers positive news, inspirational articles and information everyone can use in the local community.  It's a very uplifting little newsletter and they are available for free in many local stores.  I'm sharing some my favorite 5 quotes taken from the newsletter's article, "An Old Farmer's Advice."

  • Words that soak into your ears are whispered ... not yelled.    
  • Forgive your enemies.  It messes up their heads.
  • Every path has a few puddles.
  • Live a good, honorable life.  Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
  • Good judgement comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgement.

post signature

7 comments:

Short Stop said...

I especially like:

Every path has a few puddles.

Such great snippets of wisdom there.

angie128 said...

Love those. Thanks for sharing. Will be remembering those - and sharing with my kids.

weavermom said...

Are 4 and 5 contradictory? I love them both! Great quotes!

michelle said...

Now that is some good ole honest wisdom. yee-ha. :)

Anonymous said...

5 quotes to post on the frig, don't ya think?!

Good post Momma Roar!!

Maxine said...

These quotes are great. So full of wisdom which folks don't seem to have much of these days. Love the fourth one.

... said...

sounds like a great little paper. i especially like the first quote.

hope you're having a nice weekend.