Quintin ripped his flip flops at the cabin the other weekend, so I headed into O.ld N.avy to get a new pair.
They always have a 2 for $5 deal so I looked for a cute pair for Elle. After browsing the slim pickings, I was quite pleased to find camo for Q and hearts for E. Toting my selections to the check-out, I even beamed that I had cash to pay for them - which is a rarity.
I watched the check out gal scan them and looked at their little computer screen, not comprehending what I was seeing and hearing as she told me my total was $7.
Um ... what??
I pointed to the "2-fer" deal on the price tag suggesting she, perhaps, try again.
She looked at the screen, looked at the flip flops and preceeded to explain the situation, while punching some keys to give me the "2-fer" deal.
"For future reference," she stated, "you have one pair of boys' sandals and one pair of girls'."
Totally blind sided by that comment, I tried to chuckle and maintain a slight smile while saying, "So what? O.ld Na.vy discriminates against the sex of my children. I can't have one of each?" I said, pushing aside my slight feelings of annoyance so not to let her think I was upset with her. She chuckled back, packed my goodies in a bag and handed me my change. I walked out of the store puzzled.
Seriously?
The 2 for $5 deal doesn't work with every pair of sandals? What if I would have purchased a pair for T? I wonder if their computers would have taken that for the deal - considering T's sandals would be twice as large as Elle's!!??
Ugh...but this wasn't the end.
I also went to Office Max that morning. With the intent to purchase their $.01 (yes, one cent) 1-subject notebooks. I thought I'd get one for each of Quintin's subjects for school and one or two for the younger ones since the kids use that type of notebook during the worship hour on a Sunday morning.
Guess what? Each person is limited to 3 notebooks - and I was alone. Seriously, 3? Three 1-subject notebooks?
Oh bother ... I knew then, that it would be best, just to go home.

13 comments:
Gotta love those grey areas huh?!?
what a pain. I get disgusted when I'm all ready to go shopping with $$ and then I find nothing. Then when I have no $$ I find lots of stuff. Murphy's law I guess. I'm going shopping today, hope my luck is better than yours. =)
HAHAHAHAHA! I wish we'd been together - we'd have been rolling on the floor at it all. LOL!!!
That's weird about Old N.avy. I bought a pair of flip flops there and one for Jack and they gave me 2/$5. Must be those crazy PA folk.
I live in flip flops all winter. I wear them around the house 'cause socks are too warm but bare feet is too cold. I think I own every color at Old N.avy.
I think I like to talk about shoes. LOL!
i've never bought anything but women's flip flops from old navy so i wouldn't know there was such a policy. i think my daughter owns every color.
.01 notebooks - crazy!
Well that's a bummer!
I would have gone back to Office Max at least 3 times to get more notebooks!
OMgoodness. All the fine print stuff can be so exhausting and puzzling.
Good chuckle...not at you at me...when I commented on this on fb I just saw..2 fer $5 and I daydreamed about American sales for the next hour. Well now reading the whole post I guess I'm not missing out on too much. ;)
YEAH...you should have gone back through the line three more times....ROTF.
For the record, I bought boy and girl flip flops at ON online and they gave me the deal....weirdos. I bought something like ten pairs. ROTF (and no, not a pair for each person in my house...I had to get three prs, E had to have 3, Courtney had to have 3, and poor little Seth got 1 pair).
That's like the day I accidently took the wrong paper bag to Office Max for the 20% off everything I could fit into their bag. They wouldn't let me fill the wrong bag and get the discount. Had to go back another day with the right bag, then they said my desk calendar would not fit into the bag, but believe me, I got it in!!
A big irritation to me is the number of grocery cashiers who ask if I want my watermelon and cantaloupe in a bag. Why would I not?
Yep, that's crazy about the sandals! Although I have one of each I can't say I've ever run into that being I always buy them each two pairs!
Yes, I too saw the 1 cent notebooks & then the limit of 3 in the flier......but I came prepared with all four of us so we could get 12! And the guy that checked Hayley & me out even knew we were together but didn't care! I guess you could have bought 3, ran them out to your vehicle, came back in, bought 3 more, ran them out to your vehicle, etc... There was no way I was passing up one penny notebooks!!
I work for Bass Pecan Company If you have any pecan recipes of your own enter them in a chance to win $1000 at our website www.basspecan.com
Why can't everyone in the world just be rational?
What is up with Old Navy? That is just stu.pid.
:)
Post a Comment