The hygienist had told Q that one of his middle teeth was so loose and mentioned it was "hanging in the wind," and should come out any day. 3 weeks later, Q refused to pull his tooth out, so we let it go.
Then one night, Q and C were wrestling and Q comes running to me, his eyes filled with tears, obviously in pain and asking me if his tooth was bleeding. This is what I saw...
Yeah, give me the 'awful-mom-of-the-year' award for taking a picture of my child in pain. But I couldn't help it. He was actually chuckling right before I snapped it, because I had told him he looked like Mater. What do you think?? ;-)
It took some time, but we finally convinced him that the tooth would be coming out that night. He did and the tooth fairy visited! :-D
However, the one that came out that night was not the tooth the hygienist said was hanging in the wind. Finally, this week, Tuesday night, that tooth came out. But not without a fight from Q. You see, soccer practice starts today and we told him in order to play, that tooth would have to come out. The last thing we all wanted was for him to get knocked in the face with a ball and swallow it or lose it on the field.
Phew ... this parenting gig is tough - fighting for teeth? I used to LOVE pulling my teeth out!!
The smaller teeth on either side remain loose, but Q has said many times how glad he is to have the bigger ones out as it makes eating a little easier! Poor guy!!! I know he is already looking ahead to next year, and eating corn actually on the cob!
Ahhh, but that smile!!




10 comments:
So cute!! I can't believe the tooth actually stayed in (with or without his approval) for THREE weeks!
That smile is absolutely precious. What a sweetie.
Jason is the same way - will NOT let us pull or wiggle them out. They usually end up getting knocked out by a sibling too - lol! It's so cute though....
Ack! I can't stand the hanging tooth thing! *shudder
Love that he looks like Mater, and you're right - that smile is precious! :)
I have 5 kids that have lost teeth and I haven't had to pull one yet! They all get a thrill out of me "getting sick" over the teeth coming out. I'm thinking #6 is going to be like your Q. And you are def. correct--he could be Mater's twin!! LOL -- Shannon
I think it's awesome that your kids "get" blogging enough to LET you take their picture when in pain. Let's face it, if he didn't pose, there was no way you were getting a shot inside that mouth.
Nothing cuter. LOVE a toothless grin.
his smile says it all. can he feel the new ones coming in yet? and how much did the tooth fairy leave for him?
What a cutie....love that toothless smile! :)
Love the shots!!! I can't stand loose teeth. I am NO good when it comes to that part of my mommy job.
Post a Comment