June 8, 2009

Singled Out



“You have been singled out to do a favor for God…He
needs someone to be His voice, His arms and His heart…You simply need to treat your children the way God treats you. He does it in His grace.”

Grace-Based Parenting p. 228 by Tim Kimmel

We are currently involved with 2 other couples in a small group Bible/book/video study of Family Matters' "Raising Truly Great Kids" conference. I attended the conference in March.

This quote comes from the first of three books that accompany the series. Even if you don't have access to attend a conference or watch the video series, the books are full of a lot of great information.

Needless to say, I'm really enjoying this study and learning a lot. :-)

post signature

6 comments:

Short Stop said...

What an awesome, inspiring quote! I'd love to hear more about what you learned at the conference!

Hope you have a great Monday, LA!

weavermom said...

I haven't read these books - I'll have to find them and check it out. Glad you are having fun with your study!

Just Mom said...

It takes a truly great parent to even care about raising truly great kids. :-D

Glad you're enjoying the series.

michelle said...

I was just thinking about Family Life today as Tori watched "Boz" and i realized it was one of their productions. They do some great stuff. I'll have to get the books- they sound great!

... said...

sounds great.

i agree with JM. there are a lot of parents who don't really care. the fact that it means so much to you speaks volumes.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh - I have been wanting to read this!