The kids always have a blast and they found plenty to do. While we were covering ourselves with light jackets on the beach, earlier in the week, they ran around playing, splashing with no care to the cool air around them.
When it was too overcast to suit up, we flew kites and went to the Cape May Zoo...which is free! And what a great zoo!
And when it
Now we work to get back into our "home groove" while taking care of the laundry (which I put off all weekend) and to mow the meadow that our lawn has become after a week of the same weather here at home.
There is blue sky today.
The sun is shining today.
As the kids play in the sandbox, I think I'll take a break and join them once or twice. I'll stick my toes in the sand, close my eyes and listen for the waves.
I don't know what it is about the beach, but I think it has a power over me!
7 comments:
As I hit publish, I looked out the window and noticed the clouds rolling in. Maybe it will feel like the beach today afterall ... sigh.
I thought you said those blue and orange sneakers were for me. ;-D
It's supposed to be in the 90s here. *blech*. Of course, I'll be indoors chained to the editor's desk today. *blech, blech*
Welcome back to you Home, Sweet Bloggy Home.
oops!
I mean, "to your..."
Glad you all had a good time.
Susan
Sorry that the weather didn't cooperate but it sounds like you were still able to enjoy yourselves!
Bring on the 90s & the sunshine!
We were sitting under the same cloudy NJ skies last week too...at least Friday was nice. My 56 year old dad boogie-boarded like he was 20! :o)
at least the weather couldn't douse your good attitude about your time away. it's been a weird june weather wise.
welcome home.
Post a Comment