June 30, 2009

Itza Pizza

Works for me Wednesday's is hosting a summer recipe edition.

We tried something new last night for supper and it was very yummy. However, had my time management skills been a little better we would have eaten at our normal time of 5:30 instead of almost 7, but it's all good. If there is one thing my hubby can get most frustrated with me (ok, I'll be honest, there is more than just one thing, but I'm trying to take it easy on myself), it's my lack of time management. I'd just like to blame it farkle! ;-D

So, where was I?

Yes, new recipe. I combined 3 different recipes for this one. I used my new favorite pizza dough from Emeril and a new pizza sauce recipe I just googled and tried. Then, to make it even more fun, we tossed the pizza onto the grill.

Backtracking...how did it take 1 1/2 hours to get pizza on the table, you ask? Without mentioning any names, someone forgot to read the directions ahead of time and failed to notice the 1 hour time for the dough to rise.

The finished product:

To see more wfmw's, click here.
post signature

12 comments:

Lisa H said...

How fun! Just last week I saw a recipe for a grilled pizza. It seems like SUCH a great idea. My husband was up for trying it, but then he had to go out of town on a trip. So I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. (Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I SHOULD try it while he's out of town and get it perfected, huh?)

Hopping over to check out the recipe now. :)

Just Mom said...

Mmmm...now I want pizza for breakfast. :-D

Susan said...

It looks well worth the wait.
Susan

Lynn said...

Yum...I gotta go find something to eat now. You made me hungry.

Monica said...

yours looks yummy. I tried this way back when short stop posted a recipe. Mine was awful for some reason, the dough didn't cook all the way through. I also buy the dough, you can get it at the deli counter at Weis. Glad you enjoyed it.

Tracy said...

Looks delicious!

Tracy said...

I LOVE Pizza! Looks yummy!!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
... said...

it does look yummy. i'm not one who makes homemade pizza so i don't know if i'd ever try to grill one. but who knows, maybe some day.

i'm sure it was elle who didn't read the recipe thoroughly =)

Jean said...

That looks absolutely scrumptious!

Andrea said...

Well at least you're a determined type! I would have chucked the pizza idea had I had to wait for rising dough - lol!
Looks great though!

Jenny said...

yummy. I'll have to give this one a shot and see how it is.