May 29, 2009

Will work for sleep.



Last night Colin woke up with sore legs - his legs were rubbed with rubbing alcohol and he was given some medicine.

Last night Elle woke up because of the storms and was soothed and comforted so she could go back to sleep.

Last night Quintin woke up also due to the storms and was calmed down and comforted so he could go back to sleep.

Last night, I knew none of this. Not until I woke up this morning and T told me. He attended to each of them, letting me get a full night's sleep.

It is my hope that I get a lot done today because of my full night's rest. While T works long hours and could use the sleep, he selflessly gave up some to give me the sleep I needed to face the day.

It is easy to get caught up in wishing our husbands did things differently or like someone else's husband, but today I encourage you to think about your hubby and thank him for just one of those extra special things he does, that makes you feel like a queen. And, while you are at it, thank the One who gave him to you!
post signature

11 comments:

Susan said...

Both thankfuls are so very important :o) Glad your sweetie let you get a good nights sleep.
Susan

Just Mom said...

Good grief, woman! You sleep like a log! How does T put up with it? ;-D

A fantastic post, LA.

Lynn said...

Don't you love when they make those sacrifices and remind us again why we love them so much?

I loved this post. I think I'll spend some time today praising God for my wonderful hubby...

Andrea said...

Funny that you were able to sleep through all THREE interuptions!

Way to go, T! How kind of you!!

I gotta ask...rubbing alcohol on the sore legs???

... said...

and it's not even father's day yet =) but i know exactly what you mean. we tend to overlook all our husbands do for us and instead focus on what might bother us. you've given us a good reminder to be thankful for the men that we married and the father of our children.

hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yup, after a long weeek of migraines and then work all day today my David did the dishes tonight after Jenna made us an amazing meal of chicken fettucini!

I am blessed!

Question is, "Whose is going to cook when Jenna moved?" Time to adopt a maid.

Tammy said...

Oh, this post touched me Leigh Ann...how sweet your husband is!

I'm back slowly blogging again and had to stop by! (Even though we're on FB!) ;)

krista said...

How kind and sweet of your man!

Ya know, as much as I want to be appreciated (verbally) by my husband, I am reminded that it is the countless little things he does for me daily that show it!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

He rocks! So glad you got some sleep.

Jean said...

I wish I could sleep that soundly!

My dear hubby does all my vacuuming, and he does a good job.

I saw your strawberry jam below. It reminded me that when I had babies, Dick made the jam!!

What a guy!

Christy. said...

Amen! What a sweet husband!!