Ok, so it isn't a mystery that I love to play with graphics and turn what I feel are powerful words into a word picture. Whether they be Bible verses, quotes or from songs, a picture pops into my head and I enjoy the creative process of designing it - often simple, but to me, they are powerful.
This one today, is from a song I posted here. Having written in that post, that I'm not an auditory learner, I think that is why I enjoy creating the graphics, it is something for me to envision the full meaning.
With this one, I thought about my own personal faith walk and how sometimes I am going through the motions. Often, it feels like a puppet on a string. I just do what I know I'm supposed to do, but there is no feeling, no emotion behind it.
As I thought on it this morning, I wondered if we take a look at our lives often enough to see who or what is pulling our strings? Is it finacial worry? Is it striving to be like someone we admire? Is it a set of rules or guidelines we feel we must follow?
On the flipside - do I even want strings? I want to be able to worship and live the way Christ is calling me to - and maybe that means cutting those strings ... I don't know - I just know that "I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, 'What if I had given everything instead of just going through the motions?'"
I hope that this image will stay in your mind and that you'll have some time to reflect on it - pleae let me know your thoughts.

7 comments:
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good reports; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8
and
"Thy word have I hid in mone heart, that I might not sin against three." Psalms 119:11
I often "see" in pictures in my mind. too.
((hugs))
Susan
i am not a visual learner...i don't think. although your graphic was very inspirational.
as part of a study i'm doing in a ladies group, this upcoming lesson asks us to reflect on our prayer life. and i realized that at one point in my life i had a much more 'genunine' prayer life. and right now sometimes i feel like i'm 'going through the motions'. in that, it has become so necessary to teach prayer to my kids that i focus on that aspect and forget to mimic it through my own every day action and thought.
great reflection. i love this song, and that is why i love music so much in my prayer life, because it often triggers an emotional response for me forcing me to push myself outside my comfort zone.
Good words. I love that song--I just asked Sam to put it on my ipod for me.
I am definitely more of an auditory learner and I get so much out of inspirational lyrics (like the one you posted). I listen to Christian music in my house and car throughout the day and find that it challenges me and encourages me to look deeper....anyway, good post! You did a great job on the marionette! :)
Very interesting and very true. I am a visual learner and I needed that today! TY!
Now I've got that song running through my head...at least it's a good one. I don't mind being attached to strings as long as God is the one pulling and directing them. Just wish I didn't try to cut them free sometimes....it never works out well.
This post -- and image -- stayed in my mind all day.
I guess I don't feel as if I'm simply going through the motions when it comes to my spiritual life. It could be because it's still very new to me and my new faith has energized me completely. Ask me in another five years.
I do love that visual. :-D
This is one of my favorite songs. I am more of a visual learner but love music. I catch myself singing it over and over during the day, like a prayer.
Post a Comment