
I asked for it.
I asked for God to show me the places where I need to really get down and dirty with the housecleaning of my soul.
And, boy. It's ugly.
But God is good. And He led me to a parenting seminar this past weekend by Family Matters and Dr Tim Kimmel. I feel like I have some good cleaning agents in my bucket now. And last weekend, He started the preparation in me with a women's retreat at our own church regarding spiritual gifts. It was at the first retreat where I came across the housekeeping poem in last week's post. Both conferences gave me much needed support, guidance and information that needs to be processed now.
He's prepared me with the right cleaning tools and I'm just need to get started ...
... all the while knowing, it really doesn't take that long to get dirty again, but I have the tools, and it should be easier to maintain the cleaning - as long as I continue to tackle it with the right gear and strive for daily upkeep.
So, I'll be scrubbing down the walls of my heart, wiping the inside of my soul, scraping away the "layer of should haves, creeping guilt, shouldn't have said thats" and preparing for my heart to a welcome place for God to meet me.
Spring Cleaning for the Soul by The Young Clergy Women Project is a great post and a must read if you are looking for ideas how to do a little spring cleaning in your soul.

He's prepared me with the right cleaning tools and I'm just need to get started ...
... all the while knowing, it really doesn't take that long to get dirty again, but I have the tools, and it should be easier to maintain the cleaning - as long as I continue to tackle it with the right gear and strive for daily upkeep.
So, I'll be scrubbing down the walls of my heart, wiping the inside of my soul, scraping away the "layer of should haves, creeping guilt, shouldn't have said thats" and preparing for my heart to a welcome place for God to meet me.
Spring Cleaning for the Soul by The Young Clergy Women Project is a great post and a must read if you are looking for ideas how to do a little spring cleaning in your soul.

4 comments:
Yes, yes, but do you do windows?
;-D
Sounds like they were interesting and most importantly, productive!!!
Susan
Beautiful, LeighAnn! I can't wait to see what he does with you next.
:-) susan
Awesome, Leigh Ann!!
Post a Comment