After my "wordless week" I thought a "tasteful week" was in order. Since the beginning of the year, I've been trying some new recipes out on my family to see if there are any keepers. We've found quite a few - I thought they'd be fun to share this week. However, since it is dark at supper time, the pictures aren't the best. But trust me, if my crew loves them, I'm sure yours will too!
Ok, this first one is for kids! Quintin saw a recipe for "banana dogs" on an afternoon pbs show and wanted to try it the next day for lunch. I just happened to have everything on hand, so he showed Colin, Elle and me how to make them.
Banana Dogs (or what I like to call PB,B&J)1 hot dog roll1 banana, sliced in half lengthwisepeanut butterjellyPlace sliced banana in roll and spread with peanut butter and jelly.
If I could have bottled up his enthusiasm that day, I would have loved to. I tried to stay in the background as much as I could and let him do everything. It was a very touching moment. And, the kids loved their sandwiches.
I had planned to heat up some leftovers from the night before. I had to walk away from the table and while I was gone, Quintin finished. I heard him say he was going to make another sandwich for himself. I looked out towards the table and Elle was standing on her chair watching. I knew something was up, so I stayed away a little longer. After a few minutes, I walked towards the kitchen saying, "I guess I'll make my lunch now."
Elle, in a loud whisper, tells Quintin, "Hurry! She's coming!"
As I walk out to Quintin in the kitchen, he is just finishing adding the jelly to my sandwich. He said, "They are so good Mom, I wanted you to try one!"
"I sure will, son! I sure will!!"
9 comments:
Awww...
And I guess we'll have to try these now, too!
Hey, if you get the chance, join in on the home school open house tomorrow...maybe combine food and school somehow??? ;)
That is an awesome idea. Sophie would love making them and eating them.
I love fun-to-eat food like this! Thanks for sharing. :)
How sweet!
That sandwich looks HUGE for Colin!
Very cute. I'll have to give it a try.
love the pics of them eating their sandwiches. Way too cute!
That is just adorable, both the sandwich and the kids! I love it!
i can just imagine the scene. makes me smile =D
I have not tried my Peanut Butter / Jelly sandwiches with banana. I may have to now.
I have tried Peanut Butter and Jelly with Cheese and that is good.
Post a Comment