October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat Cuties!

I did not think I would make the deadline, but at 9am this morning, I put the finishing touches on everyone's costumes!

My goal this year, as it is every year, is to have costumes that they can use as dress up throughout the year.    Quintin has been asking since spring for an Indian costume so when I found the indian/cowboy pattern I held onto it.  Elle's fairy costume was bought at the same time.

NOTE: The boys' pattern was labeled as "Fun and Easy to Sew - in 2 hours."  And it was - very fast, easy and fun to make.  Elle's pattern was labeled "Fu and Easy to Sew" - no time amount listed - that should have been my first clue!!!  I feel now like I'm prepared to sew prom dresses - wowzers!  I learned a lot with each of these patterns and really feel like my sewing skills improved - so it was definitely a win-win for all!!! 


She wondered if her wings would make her fly or if her wand would make her disappear....and....
Would you look at that? ;-)
And well, that's the "end" of it!  (pun intended)

Have a great week!!


post signature

20 comments:

Just Mom said...

What happened to LarryBoy? I was looking forward to seeing the plunger ears. :-D

Cute stuff.

Tracy said...

You are truly AMAZING. I buy all my kids costumes. I couldn't even sew elastic on Caymen's hat this year so it would stay on her head.

Yeah...I know...shameful isn't it?!??!

Meg said...

Seriously LOVE the fairy outfit, even if it did require learning how to sew a prom gown! You did a great job!

Susan said...

They are just precious! I could never sew their costumes. My Mother used to do it for me. These are darling. Your little guy doesn't look so little here. He looks like a little man instead. Have fun tonight...and by the way, congrats to you and your Phillies for the win!

:-) Susan

... said...

your kids are cute no matter what they're wearing but these costumes are adorable. you did such a good job on them and i bet they're thrilled.

happy halloween to you and your family.

michelle said...

You are amazing! Can I put in an order for my 3 for next year. :-)

Very very cute...well done!

Tracy said...

Leigh Ann,
You did a wonderful job on all three costumes! I especially like Elle's. Beautiful!

Short Stop said...

SO completely adorable! I love each one.

But that Colin - oh mercy, he's cute.

Anonymous said...

Everyone is adorable!! Great job on each costume and idea, but I have to say the Colin just is so cute in the cowboy costume!!! :)

Jill said...

Adorable! Simply adorable!

Andrea said...

Holy cow...boy! They all look so thrilled - hope they have fun! THe weather couldn't be better...

weavermom said...

That Colin is SO cute, I just want to hug the screen.

Great job mom!!

Susan said...

Great job. They all look adorable.
Susan

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh girl they are so awesome! You are a talented lady...I see a side business in your future.

Rock on...is there anything you can't do?

Anonymous said...

My kids never had costumes and I missed all that fun, but I can say you out did yourself this time. They are all great. C is the cutest little cowboy I've ever seen...EVER!

Great job! What's mom's costume?

Jen had to dress up for work tonight. She was going as a black angel. I told her my thoughts about that and she ended up deciding her pirate costume was better :)

Monica said...

As always, I am impressed! You did a great job! They all looked adorable.

Lori said...

You did a fantastic job on their halloween costumes. They all so cute.

Christy. said...

Darling costumes! They all look so happy! I will post pictures as soon as my husband returns from California with the cord to upload.... :0)

Lynn said...

So, so cute!!! Can Adeline be a fairy next year...ya know, if Elle grows out of it? ;o)

Heather K said...

great costumes Leigh Ann! You did a super job on them..and your kids are such cute little munchkins! :)