As I uploaded my pictures from the Farm Show last week, I realized I didn't have any of the kids with the animals. We went in first thing on Monday morning to hand in Quintin's coloring page and then spent about 2 hours walking around.
I made up a little journal for Quintin to complete as we walked around. Elle had one too, because "monkey see monkey do!"
You can't tell on this picture, but this pony had a lot of white on its back. Quintin commented, "It's a cow and a pony. It's both!" Boy was I glad we were the only ones in there that day! ;-)
It was very exciting to have no one around us and be able to take our time - we watched for 20 minutes to see this little one hatch. I felt bad for it - it worked so hard to get out of the egg, now it had to get out of the crate! Doesn't it look like it is sighing?
Here are some of Quintin's pages! I thought he did a great job with it and it fit in perfectly to what we were doing at home. We just finished up a unit in our Weaver curriculum on agriculture.
And we had to climb on the tractors. There is nothing like a ball field filled with tractors to make the perfect end to a morning field trip!
And, one more time - just for fun. Here's our "You said Open Our Eyes Wide?" look.
And, at the wheel of this huge Peterbilt Dump Truck - Mr. "You said close your eyes?"
Yep, that's us! :-) I think we OD'd on chocolate milkshakes!
12 comments:
Oh what fun!!!
Susan
So fun! I'll have to send you my pics. What a fun week.
We haven't been to a farm show in years. I love that you turned it into a school field trip!
Cute pictures! I'm still waiting for my milkshake...
Ah yes, the tractors - Hadden's "field of dreams" right there.
We'll hope to see you next weekend!
Shirley
Oh, these were such great pictures...I love the little chickie by the eggs! I'm showing these pictures to my girls! :)
Only good things come from the farm show....we loved every minute.
I don't believe you had any milkshakes.
;-)
Awwwww...how cute is the baby chick!!!
oh, the baby chick in the egg cartons kind of creeped me out. now i'll have that image when i want to crack an egg for an omelet. :0)
Oh, it looks like fun! I thought Q's bird picture was really good!
looks and sounds like a very fun field trip. i can just imagine all three climbing up on the tractors.
and how cool to see a chick actually hatch. you don't get to see that everyday. great lessons for the kids.
What a great field trip!!!
Post a Comment