"Parade Lady" requested last night that she see some photos on my blog today - but we just have so much going on that it will have to wait till next week.
I just thought I'd put up one picture and one thought about the week.
First, the picture:
Sittin' happy in the dump truck with Daddy!! Apparently, we thought he said "Open your eyes as big as you can" instead of "Say cheese!" ;-)
And I'll leave you with my one nagging thought from Farm Show week. Actually, it is more of a request. Not that I think the gentleman I'm about to discuss reads my blog or even knows who on earth I am, I am just going to put it out there and ... and we'll, you'll see.
To the man working in the Sertoma stand with the long white beard: If you choose to wear a red shirt and Santa Claus hat, please realize the attention you will draw. With that said, think about what it looks like as children watch you step out of the stand for a break and light up a cigarette.
I'm sure it wasn't only my children gawking. My oldest looked at me and asked, "Santa smokes?"
Sir, if you choose to play the part of Santa, even in the off-season, please be aware of the little watching eyes and the lessons you are teaching. What is a parent to say? Santa needs a hobby when he's not making toys???
Fortunately, the shirt and shorts being cut-offs and the whole overall appearance lacking anything closely resembling that of a jolly man, were enough clues to help them realize this wasn't the "real Santa."
But they were still watching. So, could you just leave the hat at home? Or, maybe try to mimic another long bearded famous person. Say, someone from ZZ Top? I'm just sayin' ... Besides, you don't want to be getting coal in your stocking, do you?
15 comments:
Awww... your poor kids. BAD SANTA! and the picture cracked me up!
I saw him too!! It's so funny that you wrote that, because Logan and I had the same conversation.
ROFL at Tracy. "BAD SANTA!"
Cute pic, LA. I was actually expecting an entire post dedicated to the milkshake stand. Or is that Monday? ;-D
This is by far the most hilarious photo of you guys ever. Did someone say, "Eyeballs"? This would make a great poster for our office, hehe. Love it!
I'm sorry, I had to go back for one more look. Leigh Ann, you just look scary!
Okay, just one more look...your beautiful kids look scary, too. C looks normal, but the rest of you.
I'll let it go now...bawhahahahahahahahahaha!
Glad you had a fun time!
Fun picture of you guys!
the picture is cracking me up. i looked at it (duh) before i read what you wrote underneath the pic. i was thinking, why is LA eyes so big. then i read what you wrote and am still laughing =D
and i'm laughing at your scolding of off-season santa. those kinds of things are hard to explain to kids. i'm sure you did a good job of it.
have a great weekend.
Laughing because I know EXACTLY who you are talking about! He was interesting....
The guy by the bouncy house was smoking too. I thought maybe a place where there aren't mobs of children might have been a better choice. hmmm....
When I first glanced at the picture, my first thought was maybe you all just had a few too many milkshakes or something...LOL
That's too bad about the Santa guy...:(
And by the way, thanks so much for updating friends on Susan's blog! :)
Hugs,
~Tammy
Too funny!
And I think Tracy said it perfectly - Bad Santa! :)
You look like you saw a ghost!
Guess what!! I saw that same Santa Friday night. Bad santa - - just bad :-{
As for the photo, are retakes scheduled next week! LOL
Glad you all had a good time. Your picture is adorable...and yes, you ARE wide-eyed.
Oh I totally agree with you about your message to "Mr. Sertoma Man". I hope someone really does tell him the image he portrayed.
Hugs,
Susan
At first glance I thought that maybe you all discovered another spider in your marshmallows or something! :-)
Seriously sounds like fun though! No more milkshakes for awhile....
Andrea
Post a Comment