October 6, 2008

It's Farm Show Week

As fair season winds down, we finish up around here with our town's Farm Show - and this week is the week!

Remember, my golfing adventure?  The Farm Show is what we were supporting when we played.  My good friend, Tracy, is a bigwig this week!  We hope this week runs smoothly for her and all involved.  She is in charge of the parade Wednesday, and since I know she reads my blog (although this week, she may be too busy to) I want her to know she's been in my prayers for a terrific week!!

It's a week for our kids to get a chance to get up close and personal with farm animals.  It's a week for the local high school students, our alma mater, to showcase, as young farmers, their hard work.  And it's a week for our family to gorge ourselves at the food stands - pizza, crabcake sandwiches, hamloaf sandwiches (that is for you ShortStop), and our favorite - a local church youth group's milkshake stand! 

MMMmmm, yum!

So, if you don't hear from me, don't send out a search party, just look for us by the milkshake stand! ;-)



post signature

19 comments:

Susan said...

Gosh that sounds like such fun! We really don't have many festivals like that around here. One of the joys of living a little further north was to participate in such events. I love the "feel" of it all.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Short Stop said...

Oh, how I wish I could come. I would gorge myself on hamloaf sandwiches and whoopie pies and if Lynn's mom was there, I would eat everything at her stand. So, do you get to see Lynn? So jealous of both of you.

Eat a whoopie pie for me, PLEEEEEASE?

weavermom said...

I'll meet you by the milkshake stand!! (Wish I could *sigh)

Renee said...

Hey - you forgot the french fries!! Look for me , I'll have a hamloaf sandwich in one hand and fries in the other while waiting in line for a milkshake!!!! :-) Yippee!!

P doesn't like our parade. He says there are too many tractors and trucks. Pwuff!! What does he know anyway??

Tracy said...

Awwww...I am jealous. Have some goodies for me too!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a great thing....farm show week! I wish we would do more things like that around here!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

what exctiment. these are the simple good things about life.

Shirley said...

OH - those milkshakes!!! Can you send some down? The Martin's are here visiting, so we will need some extras :)
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a blast! Pictures please of the milk mustaches.

I just realized that last time I came by your blog did not show the GodTube. No wonder I was a bit confused. Yes, there is nothing greater than the blood...our life source.

Lynn said...

Yippee!!! I had a slight change of plans, and I will now be there from Wed-Fri afternoon. Meet you in the milkshake line!

Just Mom said...

Aren't you stuffed after our food fights?!

Christy. said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

... said...

it all sounds like great fun. what flavor shakes do they serve? what's your favorite?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayer... I need it this week. I always have time for blogs,gets my mind off farm show stuff. It's also a good reminder why we do it. Thanks!!!!!!!
-Parade Lady

The Miller Family said...

I'll be near the brownie sundaes... See you there!

Jill said...

I love events like these...great family time (and darn good food, too!). Eat something good for me!

Anonymous said...

Okay, can't find ya. Please tell me you're not still at that milkshake stand?! If so, drink a big one for me!

Andrea said...

This contest made me think of you. I remember the awesome photos that you got of Ellie sleeping in strange positions a few months back. Check it out - your pic could win!

http://www.5minutesformom.com/4380/win-a-new-bedroom-set/

Andrea

Tammy said...

Sounds like a fun week to me! :) My kids would love that!

Oh- if you get a minute, come over and enter my little giveaway! And you might be interested in this, too...I'm going to be starting a home school open house monthly linky post soon, so come take a look!

~Tammy :)