July 25, 2008

Our week at SonWorld Adventure Park

1 - One full week of VBS - Over!!!

2 - Two tired parents who taught one of the 6 year old classes (Quintin's class, of course)

3 - Three tired kiddos who are going to be crashing today from their evenings pumped up with sugar

4 - all Four For the glory of God

5 - Five fun packed, adventure filled nights at church

6 - Six hardworking, and tired, committee members who produced another great year of VBS

7 - Seven Savenne Carree our sister church in Haiti and VBS mission project

8 - Eight delightful 6 year olds in our class

9 - Nine children between the 3 couples who served on the committee (ages 2-15) - I know there were probably a few late evenings

10 - 10 o'clock: when everyone finally settled in for the night and rooms became quiet

11 - $11,000 was the goal for the Savenne Carree project (to fund supplies to build a church and minister to them - our church is sending several mission teams in the next few months/years. Supplies include: a generator, lights, evangelism tools, health supplies (toothbrushes, toothpaste, wash clothes, soap and moisturizer) and various other equipment, supplies, etc.

12 - $12,000+ raised - Praise God!!


Theme Verse: "As for my and
my household, we will serve
the Lord" Joshua 24:15

We choose to serve Jesus!!


post signature

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Praise God for a wonderful week! Cute post, too!

Anonymous said...

Very cool list!
Great ending too.

Amber said...

We have VBS next week. I'm teaching Raena's class...If I said I wasn't nervous, I've be lieing!

Anonymous said...

A*M*A*Z*I*N*G!

weavermom said...

Sounds like you had a great time! (Wears you out, doesn't it? :) )

Susan said...

How wonderful!!! Especially going over your $ goal by $1,000. What a blessing to your sister Church.
Susan

Andrea said...

Whoa! What busyness! It's always good to be busy for the Lord though, huh? It sounds like the teams' efforts were really blessed!
Andrea

ps. Just had a thought - if you wanted to borrow SOTW vol1 from me to see if you wanted to purchase it to use with Weaver, then drop me a note. I have the textbook to lend too.

... said...

what a fun post. and it sounds like a fun, and exhausting week. i haven't been involved with any kind of vbs for a long time but i remember how fun they were for the kids. i always thought the v for vacation was appropriate because it seemed like a little vacation for them.

have a great weekend.

Christy. said...

Sounds like a great week! I got tired just listening to all you did. We have a VBS program at a church down the street from our house. Avery gets to go in a few weeks.

Lynn said...

So now that that's out of the way, do I get some attention?

lol...glad you had such a great week.

Anonymous said...

I realize we aren't the only ones tired by the end of the week. Thanks for your energy & help! We couldn't do it w/o you!
A few more hours till we're sunning in NC! YEAH!!!

Just Mom said...

I signed up Just Son for VBS at our church. I also offered to volunteer if they need help. You would think I would have learned from chatting with you.... ;-)

Short Stop said...

I always loved VBS when I was a little...I still have such fond memories of the things I did and learned. AND, we made Christmas ornaments a couple of years...I still have them!

AWESOME about the 12K!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful VBS! Our's was great too. What a blessing to work with these fabulous kids!