A long, long, long time ago (we're talking pre-kids and 9 years ago), T and I went to Killington, VT to get away for our 3rd anniversary. We love Vermont in the winter to ski, but had never been there in the summer. We mountain biked, taking the bikes up on the gondola.

It was so pretty to see this mountain in the summer and without snow...the chairlifts do look a bit out of place, though!
Something else we enjoyed doing was playing golf. While there was no golf course on Killington itself, they did turn the bottom portion into a driving range for the summer.
We played golf at two different courses that year.
We even got to see some wildlife on the course (notice the fox walking towards the left side of the picture?)

Ready? Aim? Fire!! FOUR!!!! OOPS!!!
One of my favorite courses in college was golf - gotta love the Physical Education degree!! I enjoyed the course because the professor was great and for our final, we spent the allotted time to take the final, 2 hours, on a pitch and putt course!! WOOHOO! Oh yeah, and I think I learned something too....
This trip to Vermont was a lot of fun, but it has been 9 years since I have played golf. I do enjoy swinging the clubs in the backyard (with a ball, mind you, not at the kids!) and the occasional trip to the driving range. Honestly, to get out on the big courses isn't my idea of a fun time - I'm too worried about holding everyone else up.
But today will be different. I'm playing in a golf tournament with 3 girlfriends to raise money for our community's local "farm show" event. I plan to take the camera - I plan to attempt to look like I know what I'm doing - and I plan to have a good time...we'll see what happens...at least I have these nice memories from 9 years ago!!!! LOL!!!






11 comments:
"I do enjoy swinging the clubs in the backyard (with a ball, mind you, not at the kids!)"
uh-huh. su-u-u-ure. ;-D
you'll be great, leigh ann.
Nice pics! Can you believe how long it's been since you were 'pre-kids'? Golfing is NOT my forte but Im sure that you will do a great job!
Andrea
Have a great time! I've never swung a club (at a ball or at my kids!) My husband keeps telling me that if I get into golfing, it will be a whole new wardrobe to buy.
Oh, that was a fun walk down memory lane! :)
How fun that you're going to play golf again with some girlfriends for a good cause- can't wait to see pictures! :D
Look at you two cuties!!!
I am not a golfer...too impatient for that. I would love to drive the golf cart though! :)
Oh no, I could NOT golf if my life depended on it! I come from a family of golfers and I simply don't "have it". I am sure you all will have a great time.
I am trying to picture bikes and the gondola in VT. Sounds like great fun!
:-) susan
When we meet maybe you can teach me to golf. Hopefully by then my foot will be healed! Your pictures are so cute. It's no wonder you have such cute kids.
You are gonna do great. I hear it is a lot of work to organize, but you can pull it off!
Cute shots of the kids...oh wait...that is you and Travis.
Ah - finally had time to read the "backstory" - can't wait to read tomorrow....
How fun! It should be alot of fun golfing with your friends and what a great thing to golf for!
Post a Comment