As I wrote in Friday's post, we finished a very busy week of Bible School last week. T and I taught one of the 6 year old classes (those going into 1st grade). Of course we had Quintin in our class. They were a delight! The theme was SonWorld Adventure Park. Personally, I had a hard time with this theme. Here are some pictures from our room. I think it turned out nice, but I just didn't know how to make any cool roller coasters or anything big!
This is actually fiberfill stuffed into a piece of tissue paper and then put inside a gallon size bag with the zipper cut off. I thought it was pretty clever of me. I stuffed the popcorn boxes with a light yellow paper.
A retired teacher friend gave me the plastic boxes and they worked perfectly to store the prizes earned each evening. Then we put everything in paper bags with their names and they were good to go.
The second half of VBS was really rough because Colin was not feeling well. He was waking up MANY times at night and just not himself during the day. We believe he may have had hand, foot and mouth disease. We are now starting to see him come around, but it was a rough few days. He still has a few small red blisters on his feet and hands, but I think his mouth is clear now. He didn't have much of an appetite. Even with his small size, he is an eater! With our unofficial WebMD (raise your hand if you've done that too) diagnosis, we proceeded to a soft diet for him.
Then we have Miss Elle's mouth. We went out for supper Saturday night and she decided to goof around while we were waiting for a table. She smacked her mouth right into a table in the waiting area. You can see the "fat lip" and the bruising. The inside of her mouth really turned black and blue too.
Nice picture, I know - but you had to see the discoloration, right? She has one tooth that is a little loose but we believe it will tighten. Dentist's recommendation: a soft diet for her as well.
And, for our third and final mouth inspection of the weekend, our oldest lost his first tooth. This was the one mouth-event we could celebrate!!! Don't you just love the look in his eyes? This was just moments after it popped out! And, the tooth fairy even remembered (I tried to make sure Quintin understood that the tooth fairy may have a bad memory...just like mommy) - but good ol' TF did her job last night! Quintin was thrilled when he woke up this morning.
Quintin's recommendation: a soft diet too - 'cause the one to the left is loose too!
14 comments:
What a great week of fun...and "survival" mode too! Loved the countdown or countup (below). Wow - another loose tooth!!!!
Miss Elle - take care of that lip. We should send you boo boo bunny :)
What a great week of fun...and "survival" mode too! Loved the countdown or countup (below). Wow - another loose tooth!!!!
Miss Elle - take care of that lip. We should send you boo boo bunny :)
Quintin's face is priceless!! Glad TF did a better job than me - lol!
Gotta love hfm disease - our oldest had it when he was that age. Not fun but at least not too harmful. Have a good week!
Andrea
How fun. Churches don't do VBS here so over my kid's 3 week school break I did my own. It was interesting but hey what is one to do.
Thanks for poppin over to my facebook..pop over anytime. I'll pop back. :-) It has been life in the fast lane the past couple of weeks but lots of good stuff happening!
VBS is always fun, but a lot of hard work for the helpers. The room decorations are so cute! Boy, you had quite a few mouth adventures this week. I've heard the hand, foot and mouth disease is awful. Poor Colin! I'm glad he is starting to feel better and I will pray Elle's mouth heals quickly! Congratulations to Quintin! Don't you just love those toothless grins?! Our tooth fairy has been forgetful on a few occasions. She always waits for them to go to the bathroom and somehow manages to sneak in to their bedroom real quick. ;0)
~Kelli
Wow....lots of things going on at your place this last week!
Mom, don't you know that kids with loose teeth need to eat apples? Soft diet? No way! Yank that thing out :) We even did the string on the door handle with Jenna. Don't ask her how it worked, hehe.
Okay, your room was just way too cool! Great job, Miss creative...
Sounds like you're having some mouth issues in your house. I hope everyone is well before you leave for vacation. When do you leave? We really MUST catch up soon...this is ridiculous!
WOOHOO! YAY QUINTIN!
Elle: I sure hope you're feeling better, dear. Now, keep those teefers in your mouth for another two years.
Colin: :-(
All those mouths keep you busy, don't they? It's amazing to watch them grow. When you have three young ones like that, it's easy to have weeks where there's a lot happening with a body part.
VBS looks like it was great fun. I miss doing this at our church.
Hope you're having a great week.
Congrats to Q!
Wow, what a week for mouths. Hope this week is better!
LOL....you are a goof (in regards to the satisfaction of you smiling when you read comments)
I have missed keeping up with you...even if I have been BAD about it, but at least now I have Internet and CAN keep up with you. Enjoying all of your pix and the like. I'll still be bad about updating my own blog and THAT is probably the only promise I can keep in regards to blogging. Feel free to email me at my yahoo addy (the other doesn't work).
Post a Comment