June 30, 2008

8 Weeks and Gum Etiquette!

Last evening marked 8 weeks since I've had any pepsi/soda. I did take a sip of T's root beer float last weekend just to see if I missed soda. The verdict? Nope!

I've picked up another habit to replace the soda...but I don't think it is as bad or unhealthy. I've started chewing gum more often - helps to keep me out of the snacks.

I've learned a few things that I feel are blog worthy and I hope they help someone. 'Cause I worry about you all, and I want you to take good care of yourselves. (So you can be around in 10 years....to still be reading my blog! HAHA)


One problem with chewing gum is that your mouth may be open more. I have found this not to be good when:

--mowing the lawn on a windy day with a mower that blows the grass out the back. At about face level. And you continually turn around into the spray of grass. Not fun.

--Feeding an 18 month old. Who likes to throw food. And has good aim.

--Changing diaper of 18 month old. 'Nuff said!

--Driving with the car window down.

--Working in the kitchen. Making meals, cleaning dishes. Etc.

--Playing with 18 month old who has a fascination of putting fingers into other people's mouths.



OH! And there this is the whole other side of gum chewing.

Why you shouldn't chew gum when you are working out...

And don't get me started on why you shouldn't swallow gum!




"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22



Happy Monday everyone!


OOOhhhhh!!!! If you haven't been by Just Mom's yet, stop over to see one of my newest fun projects!! Click here: Just Mom's Musings




post signature

23 comments:

Just Mom said...

OK. You didn't miss the soda, but do you miss ice cream?

;-D

Just Mom said...

Just saw the last photo.

BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *snort* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

L.A.!


BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Monica said...

8 weeks, way to go!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Wow!!! I don't drink a lot of soda...but I miss ice cream. Haven't had it in...almost 30 years!! Yikes!!! (blasted allergies!)

BTW--You look Beautiful!

kdwhorses said...

Congrats!
Chewing gum-that is what I do as well! And it doesn't pay to do it mowing the lawn!

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Christy. said...

I am so proud of you for going that long without pop. My husband hasn't had pop in about three months but I still have it now and again. :0)

Tracy said...

Her blog looks really great. Hmmm... do you have a line forming?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Lol....love the disadvatages of chewing gum!

Just Mom's blog looks great!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of some unexpected dental work so my gum chewing has come to a halt. Your things to be aware of was so funny!

Yeah for you, on the soda front. Job well done. I drink very little now and find I do not enjoy it when I do. Makes it much easier to stay away. Often one sip is enough to remind me of why I don't drink more. No health benefits either, which is the big one!

Now, the ladies on the exercise balls - Eeee, they look a bit scary to me!

Jen said...

That is too funny! I once had that same picture on my blog! I thought it was so funny! So true, very true.

Tracy said...

I was just telling Kerrie the other day that I find myself NOT chewing gum as often as I once did. Maybe I should again. Anything to stay away from snacking is a GOOD thing.

I am not quite ready to give up Pepsi yet. How about you come here and help a girl out??!?!

Pen of Jen said...

Leigh Ann!
You got me! I read the post quickly as I was in the middle of washing bedding. I laughed out loud when I 'got' the joke!

I cannot believe how delayed I am and how funny I find this!!!!
Jen

Anonymous said...

You cut out a lot of sugar cutting out the soda...good for you. Rich cut out sugar drinks a while back and within a month lost 10 lbs just from that (I know it was just from that as he didn't do anything else different...hee).

Love the chewing gum etiquette and I love JM's blog. I need to get on your good side. hee!

Amber said...

And don't forget the gum throwing AWAY etiquette! ;o)

... said...

i thought you were going to tell us not to pop our gum because that's what my mom always told me... and i do it... a lot!

just mom's new design is beautiful. you did a great job. i need to learn how to put content in that little box. and did you change your comment posting design?

Lori said...

Congrats on staying away from Pepsi for 8 weeks.

I find myself chewing gum quite often to stay away from snacking.

I love Just Mom's new blog design. Great job

Unknown said...

Good for you for being off the soda. That's a hard habit to quit. I can't chew gum because of my jaw, but these are all wonderful reminders. Especially that last one!

Praise and Coffee said...

Funny stuff girl!!!
I love Just Mom's blog too!! Great job!
Sue

Anonymous said...

TMJ, one good reason for not chewing gum. Once my mouth actually locked shut. Not good...well I guess that depends on who you ask :)

Anonymous said...

Does this mean we don't get to see anyones faces with their comments anymore? Just curious?

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK, the new "beggin" for comments....not attractive in you...LOL!

You crack me up! Good work on the soda!

Andrea said...

So funny! Gum is a snacker's best friend for sure .. it gets the "I've got ta chew something" nerves settled down for me. Good job with the soda - such a simple but helpful change - so good for your body!
LOVE the sewing and so glad that you post the pics!
I've been away from the bloggy world for a bit but have a happy FOURTH!

Andrea