We were enjoying a week of skiing in Killington, Vermont. We were with T's parents and his two sisters and their families. One sister had 3 children along and the other sister has 5 children.
I really did a poor job with pictures of everyone - but I did take some cool videos of Quintin skiing!! Quintin skied one day last year, and this year he was out 3 short half-days. He did awesome and is such a trooper!
We did have one disappointment this year - T hurt his knee. Almost 5 years ago, he had surgery on his left knee after tearing the ACL during a soccer game. Since then, he has never had problems with sports. The frustrating thing is that it didn't happen this week while skiing, but while playing in the pool with the kids. We hope to get into the doctor's this week and are praying for a good report.
Conditions at Killington were nice - it snowed everyday - but was C.O.L.D. It was a wonderful time of family fun and many memories! We had safe travels to and from as well!!
T spent one morning working with Quintin, then we both went out with him the next day, and then our last day, Saturday, I took him out since T wasn't able to. When T took him, he either had Quintin between his skies or he was skiing backwards in front of Quintin. Knowing that I didn't even want to attempt skiing backwards, I gave him one end of my poles while I had the other end and I skied behind him. It worked! Quintin was feeling confident enough to try it himself. We went up the lift and down a beginner slope 3 times! Until I get a chance to load the videos, here's a cute shot of Quintin. He had his lips puckered the whole way down as he was concentrating. I was so proud of him!
Have a wonderful week and don't forget to check "interceding for our children" for a new prayer this week!
9 comments:
I'm impressed. I have never skiid before and there is your guy doing so well.
One day...
Welcome back.
How fun! Well, except for T. I'm glad your back. It's quiet without you!
Glad you're back and that you had fun! Hope T gets a good report this week.
Watched the video, and I'm SOO... impressed. I got nervous everytime someone skiied on past him quickly!
i just got done watching the video - he's pretty amazing.
glad you had such a good time. hope T's knee is okay and feels better.
Glad you had a wonderful time and what precious memories for all of you, except about T's knee!!!
Susan
WELCOME HOME!
I hope you get a good report on the hubby's knee!!!
How fun! Yeah for Quentin!
Sounds like a very fun family
get-away.
Post a Comment