August 1, 2007

My kitchen drawer

Did you ever have a drawer that won't close because something is stuck in it?

Last night, I couldn't get my bottom kitchen drawer to shut - the drawer with the boxes and boxes of plastic bags, plastic wraps, foils. I kept trying to rearrange everything to make it go shut - to make it all fit.

I thought, what about my life? I have so many drawers open with things spilling out of them, but I can't get any closed - I have so many things going on in my life and can't seem to finish any of them so I can never get the drawer shut. I. Can't. Make. It. All. Fit.

I'm feeling like this
While I know I could have stuffed these drawers for a more dramatic effect - I didn't want to come across that everything is out of control. I know that my Lord is holding me in His hands and taking care of me. And I need to listen when He calls me to rest - because I can't seek Him when my drawers don't go shut.

So, I'm signing off for a few days and hope to be back next Monday, with my drawers organized and shut - and a new project to share with my friends!

God bless,

post signature

31 comments:

Just Mom said...

See ya Monday. Thanks for everything, Leigh Ann, and I mean everything.

weavermom said...

Enjoy! :)

Susan said...

Good to take a break once in awhile especially when we get to feeling stressed and pulled in too many directions.

"Be still and know that I am God" is always good advice for all of us.
Susan

Jill said...

Enjoy the little break, and have a great weekend!

Pen of Jen said...

Have a wonderful break. Take time to organize and enjoy the family and home!

Remember We are never alone. I'll be thinking of you!
Jennifer

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Enjoy your project time! I totally understand.

Short Stop said...

And, THIS is why I read your blog, and why I'm so thankful that I met you. Have a great break!

Sandy said...

Have a great break.
We all need breaks! :)
Sandy

Tracy said...

I'm looking forward to the top secret project!

Kari said...

Enjoy your break, I'll be thinking of you!

Cheryl said...

Found your blog through Multi-Tasking Moms and Dawnelle! Great timing as I too feel like there's way too much to close the drawer's and needed the encouragement.
Thank-you and hope you enjoy your break.

MorningSong said...

Looking forward to your return!! Rest up my friend.

Susanna Rose said...

Leigh Ann,

I've tagged you for Eight Random Things About Me...it's on my post for today (Thursday)...hope you'll participate....Susanna:)

Ruth said...

Have a great few days off!!

Tara O said...

Very well said Leigh Ann...I've reorganizing some "clutter" in my life too.

Lori said...

Great idea to take a break. Enjoy!
See you Monday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to put things into perspective! See ya on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break and I pray that you accomplish what you need to.

Blessings!
Jen

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Such a good analogy! I think we all feel like that sometimes...just need to know enough to recognize it and take a breather!

Jen said...

EVERYONE is taking a blogging break it seems! Now what am I going to do?!?!?! Have a good break.

Tracey said...

I've been seeing you around "bloggy town" in comments and such and thought I would stop by and visit.

I love this post and your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit in the correlation of your overflowing drawers that won't shut. I'm feeling that way too here lately.

I love what Susan said in her comment..."Be Still" Sometimes we need to be reminded of that, don't we?!

Glad I stopped by and will check back in often.

Have a great weekend!
Tracey

Tracy said...

Have a great break! I will miss you...

Amber said...

Can't wait to talk to ya Monday! Have a Blessed week, you have REALLY Blessed mine and I'm not talking about the MTM blog. Thank You!

God Bless,
Amber

Christy said...

I totally understand. Enjoy and relax!

TO BECOME said...

I hope you truly take the time to rest, but I have a feeling that brain of your never slows down. Have a good weekend and I hope you get all those drawers shut even if you have to throw somethings away. connie from Texas

Heidi Jo Comes said...

enjoy and refresh...God bless ya.

Kelli said...

Excellent post! I will be praying for you that you have a very productive, yet restful weekend!
Hugs,
Kelli

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Take care, Leigh Ann. It will all fit--don't push it too hard or something might break!

Let's get together soon! Have a nice break.

Myrna said...

Have a good and peaceful weekend. See you Monday!

Jane said...

I can SOOO relate! enjoy your time away from blog land!

3boyz said...

I am planning to take a break from blogging as well... or rather just to do it in a different way. I hope you enjoy your break!