August 29, 2007

Awards

Morning Glory shared these words on her blog after being nominated for a bloggy award,

"Who doesn't like to be considered "cool", regardless of your age? Who doesn't appreciate a little bloggy award? Well, I think they're fun, and I really try to keep from getting an overblown ego when they come my way. But in all honesty, we all put a lot of work into pouring our hearts and humor out in these posts and when someone lets you know you're appreciated, well.....it's nice."
I totally agree with her and I asked her if I may share her words with you (she said yes, in case you were wondering).

Quoting (and then adapting it a little) Jill at Who Could Ask for Anything More?, "I've been a bad blogger lately. Not bad as in...not blogging.Bad as in....not thanking those of you who have awarded me and named me. That's the equivalent of getting a message from an in-real-life girlfriend to go eat tacos Lil' Debbie Swiss Rolls and drink margaritas pepsi, and not returning the call."

With no further ado:

Reflection Award (Thank you Susan at Penless Writer, Amber at Trust in the Lord and Mary at Notbefore7.)






Thinking Blogger Award (Thank you MorningSong)




Nice Matters (Thank you Susan at Learning for Lifetime)










Thoughtful Blogger (Thank you WeaverMom)


I agree with Morning Glory that we all do put a lot of ourselves into our blog and when recognized, it is really nice. I want to recognize some blogs, that I'd like to pass these along to.
After yesterday's posts at these 2 blogs, I am passing the Reflection Award to: Just Mom's Musings and MorningSong. Both of these posts just said what I was thinking...only better!!

And another post yesterday, at Mary's, really made me think about how I want my children to be portrayed to my family and friends but also on my blog. This post just hit home in my heart.

I'm passing the Thoughtful Blogger award to everyone who stops by and visits with me by leaving a comment to let me know you were here!

And, passing along the Nice Matters award to those who read. You know who you are...first, you are the ones lurking, you haven't left a comment. Step forward and take this award to pass along to your fellow bloggers - please leave me a comment and let me know you were here! And, second, you are the ones who don't have a blog but read and don't comment - there's a place for you to comment - don't by shy! Let me know you're here too!!

There are so many of you that leave me thinking and reflecting on your posts and there are so many thoughtful and nice bloggers/lurkers out there - I wanna pass along an award to everyone!!

post signature



11 comments:

Julieann said...

What wonderful awards you have recieved--and very well deserved. I so enjoy your blog, LeighAnn!!

Julieann

Susan said...

You deceive all these awards and you wear them well!!!!
Susan

Tracy said...

Congratulations Leigh Ann. You deserve every award you get. You are such an inspiration to all who read your words!

Anonymous said...

I totally get your friends comments, but I really get very tired of the whole awards thing. I am flattered when someone passes one along, but don't we all love our blogging friends? Shouldn't we all be appreciated for the kind words we try to write or the time we take to value one another? Sometimes I just get weary and overwhelmed with the whole awards thing. I guess I'm just a poor sport, but I hope you know how loved you are and how appreciated you are each and every day without the passing on of an award.

If I have missed it here, please tell me. I guess I feel more guilt than anything for the times I have forgotten to pass the award along or say that special thank-you. I hope from the bottom of my heart that all of my blogging friends know they are appreciated each time I read their blog :)

Momma Roar said...

Of course I love all my blogging buddies as well as those who read but don't have a blog.

My intention was not to make a big deal about me receiving them, I simply wanted to acknowledge them and say thanks. I also wanted to pass them along to 3 blogger posts that hit home in my heart this week.

I think we can all get tired of them sometimes, but I don't feel hurt if someone chooses not to pass it along - so if these 3 don't want to pass them on, that is fine - but I wanted to recognize them on my blog - 'cause I can do that!! ;)

We all love you Ginger, you know that, and if you don't, well then - I'm going have to drive out there and say it to ya face to face...or, I could do another videoblog??hmmm?? nah!

I was tempted to create my own award - the "Momma Roar Loves Me" award! And it would go to everyone!

MorningSong said...

{Blush} thank you my friend! You are deserving of each award! Blessings to you!

Short Stop said...

You definitely deserve any recognition you receive for your blog, Leigh Ann! I always come away feeling encouraged, and almost always laughing...even when you tackle something more serious. I love your spirit and lighthearted approach to life!

I tend to agree with Ginger's comment. I have received a couple of awards (my first one was from you and I was so flattered!), but just can't bring myself to pass them along in fear that one of my readers/friends might feel left out...that in some way I thought they didn't deserve an award I gave to someone else. I hope I'm able to communicate through my comments and emails how much I appreciate my blogging friends. I sure hope you know how much I appreciate you!

Just Mom said...

You deserve every award you've received, Leigh Ann. Remember that.



BTW, thanks for being one of my biggest fans (I said "one of," Ginger). ;-D

... said...

congratulations, leigh ann. you are very worthy of these awards. hope you know how much i enjoy you and your blog.

Lori said...

You are so deserving of all of these awards.
You are so thoughtful, kind, and inspiring.
Love ya, Lori

Jill said...

Ha! From one bad blogger to another.... your awards are well-deserved. And those little Debbie cakes sound wonderful, too. Except, I'd wash mine down with a diet coke.