June 15, 2007

Mr. Right Meme

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary - WOW - this came around fast, it feels like we were just celebrating our 10th.
11 years ago we married...16 years ago yesterday was our first date. I'll be 32 next month - I've known T for more than half my life!

This Mr. Right Meme was floating around a while back and I was saving it up for today.

Poppa Roar - or T - My Mr. Right

His age? 33

How tall is he? 5'10"

How long did you know each other before you got together? We really didn't know each other on our first date

What physical features attracted you to him first? His smile and laugh when with his friends

What color are his eyes? Brown

His hair color? Dark brown with some distinguished gray mixed in now

His style? Cool, calm and collect (goodness, he's gotta be living with me)

Normal outfit? Jeans and nice dress shirt (thinking of what he wore when we went out last night)

How did you meet? I was decorating a friend's locker at school for her birthday and her locker just happened to be across from his. Soooooo, I tossed a balloon in his locker with a note giving him my phone number! Another good friend knew him from church and put in a couple good plugs for me. This happened the last week of school, and after school, I told another friend (who would be seeing him that night at graduation because they both played in the band) to tell him to stop over afterwards. It was so strange to see him at my door that night - that was the first time we ever really talked - in my parent's living room. I had no idea that he had any interest in me. He told me after we were dating a few years, that when he saw me in HS, he told a friend "That is the girl I'm gonna marry!"

How serious is it? Extremely serious
Are you "in love"? Most definitely and it grows stronger every day.
Do your parents like him? They love him - they always kid me that they paid him to take me off their hands! (Nice, I know!)

Do his parents like you? Yes, they treat me like a daughter!

Do you trust him? Of course!
Would you share a toothbrush with him? Yes, we've done it before when we forgot to pack one for vacation.

Would he let you wear his pants? Sure, I wore his drawstring shorts when I was pregnant! As far as 'who wears the pants in the family?' It is most definitely him, but he likes to let me think I do sometimes!!
Do you have a shirt of his that you sleep in? No.

Do you like the way he smells? Yes I do!

Can you picture having kids with him? Can and did!

What bothers you the most about him? He tries to leave work at work, but I can always tell when something is bothering him because he gets more quiet - but he acts like nothing is wrong.

Does he have a temper? He can if pushed, but he's worked hard to control it.

Are you happy to be with him? I couldn't imagine my life any other way.

Does he embarrass you in public? Not really - but he enjoys moving the car to a different parking space after I've run into a store.

Does he smoke or do drugs? Nope and nope.

Does he have any piercings? I couldn't even imagine that ever happening!
Any tattoos? Nope.

Does he have any scars that you know of? He has one on his eyebrow from being attacked by a dog when he was little. He also has small scars on his knee surgery a few years ago.

Is he a party dude or stay at home? He likes to be at home, but enjoys being together with friends, too.

Is he outgoing or shy? He is in the middle leaning towards the outgoing side!

Does he love his mama? He does and that was a good sign for me because I knew that is how he would treat me!

Would he hang out with you and your friends? He would but he'd probably look for something else to do!
Sing? He has a nice voice, he sang "You are my sunshine" on our first date! He sang in our church choir for a few years.
We took our wedding party to a house next to a covered bridge for some photos. These were my favorite! I carried a bouquet with gardenias, stefanotas and ivy. The wedding reception was held at our church.

We went out for supper (with the children) last night to Macaroni Grille - YUM!! It was actually a combined Anniversary and Father's Day dinner!
I LOVE you T!
Just wanted to share a few things with you about my Mr. Right and our special day. What anniversary are you celebrating this year?


(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job! Love reading your blog....beautiful pictures! Can you believe "J" and I are going to be married 9 years the 27th. Time flies when your having fun! :) Also, the pictures by the covered bridge are my favorite from our wedding!
Jezz

Tracy said...

Congratulations to you and T! I hope that you have a wonderful anniversary, and I love the Macaroni Grill! Mmmmm.....

We celebrate 18 years in August.

Tina said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

LOL at him changing parking spots. I loved your "story"

Susan said...

Loved reading this and learning more about T. Love the picture with him up against the tree. Shows how much smaller than he you are :o) Your were a beautiful bride! :o) Naturally!!!!
Susan

Tina said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that You Are My Sunshine is one of my favorite songs!! I sing it to boys and Molly.

Amber said...

It's so much fun seeing other people's wedding pictures!

Happy Anniversary!

First Time Mommy said...

That was great...thanks so much for sharing! Happy Anniversary!

Erin

Trella said...

What a lovely and sweet post. Congratulations to you and T.

I love the pictures

We just celebrated 15 years.

MorningSong said...

We will celebrate 10 years in August. Congrats on 11 years. You were so brave to give him your # that way in HS. I was too shy in HS to do something that bold. Go girl.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Awww, how sweet. Happy Anniversary! I love the wedding photo!

Kari said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations! Your wedding pictures are awesome! Your marriage is an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

What a fun read! I had to LOL about you putting a balloon his his locker with your number! You go girl! :0)

Happy 11th anniversary!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That should say "IN his locker".

:0)

Sandy said...

Awwww that was nice! Congradulations to both of you! I hope you enjoy many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many (well you get the picture) years together!!!

Anna said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! Craig and I will celebrate 9 years on Sept. 12th!!!

Pen of Jen said...

Impressive man! I am so happy for you and I like this meme!

Bill and I will be celebrating 19 in August!

I realized that seeing your wedding pictures that I miss the covered bridges! How romantic!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Once again, love, love, love that photo! Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple! May you be blessed with too many years to remember to count! May God's blessings cover you and surround you as you share your lives as best friends.

As for how many years Dave and I have been married....are you just trying to remind us how old we are compared to you, hehe? It's been 27 years!

weavermom said...

Oh - this was fun to read! And I love the pictures - esp the one of the two of you at the bridge. It looks like a storybook.

As you know, we're 11 years too. (I'll have to find my wedding cake picture for you... very similar. :) )

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary!! I enjoyed reading about "T", and the lovely wedding pictures added to the meme.

Just Mom said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Because you asked ... this year Just Dad and I will celebrate our 15th anniversary, although we've known eachother for *gasp* 21 years.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!!! Happy Anniversary, y'all lil' love-bugs!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love getting to know you even better through your blog! You do a great job & are so good at writing! D & I celebrated out 9th anniv. the end of May. Hard to believe, yet like you said....each year keeps getting better & better! Can't imagine life w/o him! You've got a good one too! We were tickled to see him & his BIG truck at our place yesterday! That was VERY exciting!!! Have a fun vacation! HJW

Just Mom said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

Teresa said...

Happy Anniversary! SO exciting that we got married on the same day 11 years ago! Here's to a wonderful 12th year! :)

Kerrie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lori said...

Happy 11th Anniversary!!
Thanks for sharing the photos on your wedding. They were fun to see.
Al and my 11th anniversary is coming up Aug. 10th.

Ruth said...

Happy 11th Anniversary!! I enjoyed reading your post.

Josh and I celebrated our 15th anniversary in April.

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! What sweet pictures and I enjoyed reading about your special husband!!

Kelli

Myrna said...

Happy Anniversary!

We are coming up on Number 38! I can't believe it has been that long, but we have the children and grandchildren to prove it!

Rita Loca said...

I did this a while back. love the fotos!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Happy Anniversary!! We just celebrated 10 years last month.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this. You two sound perfect for each other and very happy! Happy Anniversay - a wee bit late!

Tracy said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!! WOW! 11 years!! That's great!! Mark and I have been married 6 years in July and together 7. We met at Kerrie's wedding in 2000! :)

Tara O said...

Great blogging lady! We celebrated 15 years in April! We dated 2 years before we married.

Happy anniversary-although I know that I am late

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Love your photos and the memories of your years together. Congratulations!!

Scrappy Moments said...

Beautiful, I am Celebrating 11 Years Years In Nov. also. Really looking forward to it :) Great Journaling, Very Sweet.

Scrapnmom