June 25, 2007

The Beach & A Birthday

This summer we took our family vacation with my dear friend Meg and her hubby and their two girls. They are expecting their third child in October. Meg and T grew up together and we graduated HS together.


Meg's youngest daughter, J, turned 4 the day before Quintin, so we celebrated their birthdays together. We ate supper out (Wednesdays kids eat FREE) and had the restaurant put candles in their sundaes.

J was very excited - Quintin was not thrilled about having his picture taken - he takes after his dad! He really was happy about his birthday though!






We had beautiful days of sun and great weather - with just one rainy day!

Our Cabana Boy!!
Last evening, we had my parents and T's parents over for Quintin's birthday. T and I were thinking since it was his 5th, we would see if he would want to invite friends for a party. I asked him if he wanted to invite a couple of friends from Sunday school or a couple of neighbors. He answered, "Mom, I just want to have a couple of Grandmas and Grandpas!" What a sweet boy - this made it so much easier on me with having just come home from the beach the day before the party! Here's my pirate birthday boy!

I saved all my bloggin' buddies a slice of cake - Enjoy it with some ice cream, too!
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

25 comments:

Heather K said...

The kids all look so sweet! Happy Birthday to Quentin!!

Trella said...

Wow! What fun. Happy Birthday to Quintin and what a wonderful way to celebrate his birthday.

Amber said...

Could that picture of the 4 kids holding hands on the beach be any cuter!! I'd frame that one and put it on the wall!

Just Mom said...

A belated Happy Birthday to your little pirate.

Love the photos of the kids on the beach. Very sweet.

Glad you're back.

Tracy said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful week. How fun to vacation with friends. Did you all stay together? I've wondered how that would be for an entire week.

The party sounded fun, too. Good for Quintin for just wanting the Grams and Gramps!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the beach.

The cake looks delicious. Wished we lived closer.

Susan said...

All the pictures are cute but I adore the top one!!!!!

"Mom, I just want to have a couple of Grandmas and Grandpas!" Oh how sweet and precious. I bet those grandmas and grandpas had smiles a mile wide when they heard that one. I know I would!!
Susan

MorningSong said...

Fun Fun!! It seemed like last week several bloggers were out and the blog world was a little quiet. :(
Glad the quiet is back to a low roAR! haha

Glad your trip was fun and full of sunshine. Good news.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your oldest, it looks like he had fun :)

Jill said...

Photos of kiddos on the beach is just a little slice of heaven on Earth. And speaking of slice, thanks for the cake!

Anonymous said...

I think I need a copy of that photo of the kids walking hand in hand. Great job with the pictures!

Thanks for the cake, it was fantastic! I'm so glad you are so thoughtful :) I found a special treat from New Jersey as well. It made my day!

You are the best you know!

Teresa said...

Looks like the perfect vacation! So glad you had a wonderful time.
I love the pirate birthday boy and the cake looks oh so yummy!

TO BECOME said...

Such wonderful fun. Happy birthday to your wonderful son. I like his way of celebrating his birthday since I am a grandma. I know he had fun. connie from texas

Jane said...

Thanks for the cake...did you make it? If so say no...cause I can't decorate a cake for ANYTHING!

Susan said...

I love love love that picture of them walking hand in hand out to the shore. It's just as sweet as can be. And hooray for your little one for wanting his family to come to his party.

When my DS 4 turned 4, I asked him who he wanted to come to his party, and he named all the teenage Youth Group kids that my two older boys were hanging around! I had to explain that a bunch of teens were NOT going to come to a 4yo birthday.

Gotta love em!

:-) Susan

jennifer said...

I love your young man's guest list, I am impressed! I love the cake, but I am Pumpkin Pie person!
Happy June Birthdays...Quintin and Me!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Quentin! His cake looked so yummy!

Glad y'all had a nice vacation! Loved the pictures of the kids on the beach!

Thanks for the new baby wishes! I tried to hold him in until you got back buuuuuuuuuuuuuut somethings are better out than in, LOL!!

Annie said...

What adorable pics & that cake looks yummy too!

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Happy Birthday to Quintin!!! What a fun day! Also, thanks for taking time to comment on my "blogging survey"...I appreciate your input!! I agree on the "de-lurking"...I enjoy blogging so I can interact with people, so when they leave a comment, I know who is "out there". :-)

Myrna said...

I haven't been around for a couple of days, so I didn't know you were back. Your vacation sounds great! Happy birthday, Quentin!

Unknown said...

Oh the photos of the beach make me impatient for our upcoming beach vacation in August! The kiddies all look so cute in the shot taken of their backs walking toward the water!

And the cake mmm delish!

Anna said...

Ahhh...love the pictures! And, do they make grown-up versions of that squishy purple chair thing? Looks awesome!

Kerrie said...

Those beach pictures are fantastic!

Kelli said...

What a fun birthday party and the cake was
delicious! :0)

Kelli

Alycia said...

This looks like so much fun!! Beautiful pictures and the cake looks delicious! Thanks for saving us a "bit"! LOL! Have a great day!