Its my 100th post and to celebrate, here are 100 things about me that, to the best of my knowledge, have never posted about before!
- I began this blog thinking this would be a great way to keep family and friends up to date with what is happening at our house.
- Honestly, I was getting tired of sending out photos via email to everyone. I didn't know if they wanted them or not, so this way, if they wanted to see pictures, they can come when they want to!
- After creating my blog, I simply began clicking on different people's names and became interested in their stories.
- This has become so much more than merely an update for family.
- Stories about their families, their work, their homes, their dreams, their travels, their struggles...and they were willing to share it with me - somebody they didn't know. They let me into their lives and they have come into mine.
- This has become an extension of me, it is a place for me to write, to share devotionals and stories that have touched me, to open myself up to others.
- And, I know my typing skills have improved immensely as well as my knowledge of the html codes!
- When I first started blogging, I came across Heidi's blog and her "100th Post" where she shared 100 things about herself.
- I thought to myself, I wonder how long it'll take until I get there?
- If I counted correctly, it has taken me 100 days!
- As a child, I loved being outside to explore.
- We had a small area of the backyard where bamboo grew, and I would play in it for hours.
- Growing up we had an Airedale Terrier. I loved to read him stories!
- I was in the Brownies - but never stuck it out long enough to become a full-fledged Girl Scout.
- One summer, my mom drove me an hour to a Brownie's camp and when we got there I wanted to go home. She drove me home. :)
- I have a crown on one of my upper front teeth. I had to get a root canal when I was in elementary school after chipping my tooth - it involved a skateboard and the sidewalk!
- In Junior High, I let my sister talk me into getting a very SHORT haircut. It was quite a dramatic change.
- My dad was a hydraulics salesman. He traveled a lot and would bring us things from the places he visited.
- One time he brought my sister and I shirts with parrots on them. He had been in Pittsburgh and said this was the mascot for their baseball team.
- It wasn't until several years later that I learned that it was really the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- My dad is not a big sports fan. However, my mom is. She loves the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers (All Philly teams) and the Steelers.
- One of the Steelers' players graduated a few years after me from my HS.
- My mom worked for the school's District Office - which was located in the JH.
- I forgot to have her sign a test one night, and the teacher let me run to her office to have her sign it.
- My parents have both retired and are enjoying renovating a 50 year old home.
- My hubby and I went to two proms together. His prom was on a boat that sailed around the Baltimore Inner Harbor. It poured buckets. We couldn't even stand out on the deck to enjoy the evening.
- My hair flopped, mascara ran and my shoes, dyed purple, ran and turned my feet purple - and it lasted for a few days.
- My senior class did not have as much in our account as my hubby's class did. We had our prom in a local hotel's ballroom.
- With both of our proms, we didn't go to dance, but to enjoy spending time and creating fun memories with our friends.
- After playing softball for a few years, I opted to be on the track team during the spring sports season in High School.
- My dad, who ran on the track team in HS, saw me running and commented that I had a good stride.
- I ran sprints on the track team - 100m, 200m and the 4x100m relay.
- I was not a "great athlete" but loved moving!
- I see it as a true art form.
- I love to dissect a dance move and try to copy it in form.
- What made me want to be a PE teacher? When my HS PE teachers allowed me to teach the aerobics lesson because she wasn't feeling well and I was the only student who knew the whole thing. It was an awesome experience.
- I think I may have been the only PE major at my college to not participate on a college athletic team.
- In addition to our classes, we had to obtain 3 extracurricular sports credits.
- Many classmates did this by playing a sport at college.
- I earned mine by becoming certified to teach CPR;
- Supervising an Adapted PE lab on Wednesday evenings;
- Teaching a summer camp for local children with disabilities.
- The Adapted PE opportunity was a lab for an Adapted PE class. After taking the class, I fell in love with many of the clients that came.
- I was responsible for writing the lesson plans that the students in the class had to implement with the 'clients.'
- This began a desire to find a summer camp to work at helping the same type of children.
- I always desired to teach in an elementary school. I knew the HS students would all be taller than me. I had several 3rd graders taller than me! LOL
- I prefer individual sports (golf, tennis, skiing, running) over team sports.
- At my HS, field hockey was considered the "popular" sport.
- I chose cheerleading. It was more fun!
- In a junior high phys ed class, I got my finger smashed between two hockey sticks and that is where my distaste for the game began!
- During my senior year of high school, I hurt my ankle and wasn't sure if going to school for a PE teaching degree was a good idea.
- I went anyway and wanted to quit halfway through my first semester. LOL
- I went to a great teacher's college, WCU, near Philly.
- T went to a Christian College 2 hours away via the PA turnpike!
- I only lived on campus for 3 years.
- In that 3 years, I had 6 roommates.
- The first one changed because I switched dorms. The second one left because she wanted her own room and I was happy to oblige and since I wasn't willing to pay to keep a single room, they put another student in my room with me - so that was 3 during my freshman year.
- Sophomore year - The roommate I started the year with was a morning person and I WAS/AM not - we had some personality conflicts too. So, she moved upstairs to a room on the "Quiet Floor" - you know, where all the scholars lived! Then a fellow PE major moved in with me.
- My junior year, my good friend, Maureen and I survived an entire year together. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding too!
- At my wedding, I was looking forward to having my 'final' roommate!
- We got married after my junior year of college. It was 5 weeks to the day, after T graduated college.
- We lived in an apartment about 25 minutes from where we live now so that I would have a shorter commute to college.
- For the Fall semester, I worked it so I only had classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- In the Spring semester, I did my student teaching in the same county I live in.
- I traveled to WCU every Monday morning for a 2 hour meeting with the others student teacher, then drove to my school to student teach, and then drove home. It was 110 miles every Monday!
- I have a small fear of the water.
- I resisted a required swimming class until my senior year, waiting until my favorite professor taught it.
- I thought I was going to drown when he tried to teach those of us that couldn't dive to dive in the 12' diving well.
- I went in the water and panicked. (Notice I didn't say "I dove into the water.")
- He told me that I could stop for the day! LOL
- I did meet all of the class requirements - except diving!
- To this day, I will get out of a pool if people get rowdy and start dunking others.
- I graduated in May of 1997 with a degree in Kinesiology.
- In 1998, Riley (our Bichon Frise) became our first child!! haa
- He turned 9 just last week. :( He is getting arthritis in his front legs.
- While teaching, I was able to earn my master's degree in Health Education from PSU - Go Nittany Lions!
- This was a huge goal completed - not because I think having 2 degrees is important - but, go back and read #52.
- I have always wanted to take a ride in a hot air balloon.
- I know more about limestone and quarries, than I ever imagine possible.
- My hubby and I always joke that his future is just a hole in the ground.
- I like being at home.
- It took a lot of time for me to be able to say that.
- When Quintin was first born, I struggled with post-partum depression.
- I still struggle with my mood on gray days. I don't notice it, but my hubby does.
- My first job was at a local grocery store, working at the checkout.
- The worst part was doing the lottery tickets - I am not an auditory learner, AT ALL. I remember one man in particular, who would ask for someone, other than me, to do his tickets!
- My second job was at a restaurant clearing tables as a "bus girl."
- I would never have made it as a waitress. Reread #86.
- I got promoted to making sundaes. This restaurant was a popular weekend hangout and was well known for its ice cream.
- The person is charge of making the sundaes is a "Soda Jerk." Why?
- Making sundaes was AWESOME.
- If you ever messed one up, you could put it in the freezer to eat later!
- The worst part of that job was stocking the ice cream freezer. Brrrr!
- I have only ever broken one bone, it was my right collar bone. And actually, it was not broken, but shattered.
- Through blogging, I have met people from all over.
- Never did I imagine meeting two people that lived in my same county!!
- T and I will celebrate our 11th anniversary next month.
- I will turn 32 in July.
- I appreciate all of you that stuck this out til the end!
- I am a sinner saved by the grace of God through His son Jesus Christ.
200 things on my 200th post???? Absolutely not!
31 comments:
That was so fun to read Leigh Ann :)
Hugs,
Candy
Wow! Great job. That was fun learning all those things about you.
Wow! I now know more about you than your neighbors probably do! Ha! That was interesting to read, thanks for sharing all 100 things with us! :-))
Leigh Ann, That was incredible! Funny about your dad bringing you parrot shirts, and telling you that it was the Pirates mascot. He was actually right. They are the Pittsburgh Pirates, BUT their mascot is the Pirate Parrot! He is a parrot who wears a pirate hat. We have pictures of the kids with him at a game!
Oh Congratulations!!!! And come to my blog for a post done JUST FOR YOU!
i loved that! ok, howlong did it take you to come up with all that??:):)
This was a great idea! I enjoyed reading all about you, and I ran the same events in track!
Proms all seem to have a similar ring to them!
Great job, and great reasoning as to why you began blogging and now how it has taken on a life of it's own!!
That was really neat to read. We have alot in common. I will be 32 in June. I was a cheerleader in high school. I was also in brownies but never made it long enough to be a Girl Scout. I also had 6 different room mates in college. My rat terrier, Wilson is also 9 years old. My first job was at a grocery store where I was a clerk. My 2nd job was at a restaurant although I was a hostess. My only broken bone was my collar bone as well.
Are you freaked out yet??! HA!!!
Great list! And I still think we have a lot in common.
My only broken bone is my right collarbone. I wouldn't say "shattered" but I had to have surgery and they put on a metal plate to repair it.
:)
I learned so much more about you. It is a pleasure to know you. I hope we can become very good friends even though, I am much older and you are very young. I have discovered that blogger friends are very special friends. Have a happy 100 blogging day. connie from Texas
Wow! Lots of interesting stuff.
Yeash!! You and Tracy really do have a lot of things in common.
Too funny! I know I am commenting twice, but I went back to my blog and I realized that I wrote my 100th post this year today! hehe
I love when you share our similarities! This has been fun reading your comments!
Tracy - you were so sweet to post that on your blog for me!
Tina, how long did it take you to read it?!?!?! :)
And Tracy F., I AM freaked out! LOL
Weavermom, you're making me scared too! Parallel lives...
Connie - Yes, my blogger friends are very special!
Cool Jennifer - Congratualtions to you too!
This was a really fun and interesting list. Isn't it amazing how interesting all the blog out there are once you start reading them? I never expected to find such wonderful writers and online "friends". Happy 100th!
Thanks for sharing. T hat was so much fun to read and learn more about you.
I'm closing in on my 100th post also.
very cool leigh ann- good job. it's harder than you'd think huh?
Fantastic job, Leigh Ann. I so loved about the parrot T-shirt. #78 was of particular interest to me :o) Love learning more about you. Is neat how much you and Tracy have in common. Wow!
Susan
Well I certainly feel as though I know you MUCH better. I don't know if I would have the patience to type 100 things about me! Good for you!
This was so much fun to read and I learned much more about you!
Now you've got me curious as to how many posts I have done! LOL
I feel the same way about friends here in blogdom!
Thank you for sharing these things about you. Very interesting to read!
Hurray, you did it! Wow, I just learned a bunch about you girl. You are just a youngen and you've lived a full life.
So, just how tall are you? Did you know my daughters are 5'9"? We grow 'em big (tall) here in Michigan, hehe.
I'm so proud of your list and thanks for sharing your life with us. Now write to me and give me all the really good stuff, hehe!
Congratulations on your 100th post!! I enjoyed reading your answers. I had to laugh at your reason for not liking hockey. :0)
Kelli
Great post! And so informative. I have to say that when I think of the PA turnpike, I am reminded of a trip we made up there for Creation festival in Mt. Union. I wanted to move there after our trip. We got stuck on the turnpike and had to spend the day in a little town (Bedrock?) to get the car fixed. It was memorable.
I loved your list and learned so much about you while reading.
Hugs!!
:-) Susan
Congrats on your 100th post, and I am much impressed with your ability to post 100 things about you. I enjoyed reading them all!
This was so fun to read, thanks for doing it! Congrats on your 100th post.
PHEW!!! That must have been a bit of a thinker to...I was going to say put down on paper heehee....but no... to type out. I found it really interesting...so am i forgetful or have we not seen any pictures of your bichon?? Congrats on your 100th!! Have a great day!
Heather
ps
I have no idea why--but for some reason I pictured you tall!! :o)
Well, congratulations Leigh Ann. I'm glad you popped over to my blog when you did. It's been great getting to know you.
Heather- you made my day!!
I'm actually 5 foot 1 and 1/2 inches - and yes, that 1/2 inch is important!!
Ginger, I guess I wish my parents would have stayed in Michigan - I think I told you my parents lived in Ann Arbor for a few years before I was born!
Congrats on your 100th post! That's great! Thanks for sharing your 100 facts, they were very interesting:)
Hey! I did see your 100! What an accomplishment! I hate to say I haven't had enought time to read them all yet. Sorry! My husband has been out of town on business so my free time has been limited. :o)
Post a Comment