May 29, 2007

Strawberry Delight


I just had to share a second recipe for strawberries. It is similar to the other one, but I actually prefer this one! This is the one I made over the weekend.




Strawberry Delight
1 box Angel food cake mix
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 c 10x sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 c cool whip
2 Tbsp cook clear gel (I replace with corn starch)
1/3 c water
1 1/2 c water
3 oz strawberry Jell-O
2 small boxes strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced

Bake angel food cake mix according to directions. (You can buy one from store, but they don't give as much cake as the box.) Mix sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and fold in cool whip. In saucepan, mix clear gel/corn starch with 1/3 c water and add the 1 1/2 c water to it. Boil until thick. Take off heat and add Jell-O. Allow it to cool before adding strawberries. Cut or tear the cake into bite-sized pieces. Layer the cake, cream mixture and strawberries in dish; I like to use my trifle dish, but a glass 9x13 works well, too. Let it chill in the refrigerator a few hours to firm up the Jell-O.

I poured the strawberries on a little too soon, I think, because it ran to the bottom. I usually put the saucepan in the fridge for a bit to let it chill there first.

Enjoy!!
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

29 comments:

Susan said...

My mouth is watering!!! YUMMY
Susan

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yummy, looks wonderful.

Julieann said...

LeighAnn---> YUMMY!!!!!

It looks wonderful:)

Julieann:)

Pen of Jen said...

Wow...I am going to try this with my daughter!!

Delicious looking...drool, drool.

Lori said...

Oh my gosh that looks delicious.

You are making me hungry.

I'm going to have to copy this recipe and make it sometime.

Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day.

Hugs, Lori

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.

Sounds WONDERFUL!

I've bookmarked this!

www.5purposedriven.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Looks so tasty! :) I just picked strawberries this morning! I've made 4 batches of jam this afternoon, and will definately try your yummy recipe.
Thanks,
Jezz

Jill said...

That looks so summery, festive and delicious! I love strawberries.

Sheri said...

Looks delicious LeighAnn. I must try this one!

Sandy said...

Well I just had to ZOOM in on that picture and it looks very YUMMY! I think I just might give that one a try! Thanks for the recipe!!

Jen said...

Leigh Ann that looks wonderful! I can't wait to try this and I am also glad to call you friend too! Maybe someday we will meet!

Amber said...

Hey I'm hungry...can you run over some of that to me?!?!

Anonymous said...

(Mouth open,,, drool falling off chin)That looks so good! :)

Jamie said...

That looks so good...I LOVE STRAWBERRIES!!

Just Mom said...

Ya coulda warned me today's blog post contained a photo of a no-no. I'm on a DIET, after all. YEESH! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Call me stupid, but what is 10x sugar? No one at my work seemed to know. Is it just white sugar?

Myrna said...

OK, now--I bought strawberries last week becaue your jam recipe made me crave them. I'm going to have to do it again--This time I may actually try the recipe! Looks and sounds delicious!

Momma Roar said...

10x sugar is confectioner's sugar. I've always called it 10x - it says 10-x powdered on my bag.

And, I cannot bring myself to calling you stupid :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I could go for a bowl of this right about now!

Susan said...

Presentation is everything. I love it.

:-) Susan

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That looks fabulous! Yum!! We're waiting for the strawberries to ripen, so we can go out for more. lol!!

Ruth said...

I have made something similiar to this, and boy is it good!!

weavermom said...

Leigh Ann - It's beautiful!! You outdid yourself girl. (It was for my birthday right? And you'll be shipping that right out here? he he)

Kelli said...

This looks delicious!! Wow! I love your trifle dish too!
Kelli

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Thanks for posting this recipe and also leaving me a comment that it is available! I have copied it off and hope to try it out soon! Blessings, Diane

Heather K said...

mmmmmmm!! yummy!! Hey I like your counter top.... is it marble?

Heather K said...

ps
i meant to say 'granite'.... Actually I zoomed in and I think it's the same as mine... is is called something like jamoca granite.....or butter rum granite....?

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that Devonshire Lidded Trifle! ;-)
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Whoops...after a closer look, I'm astonished to see that it's not 'our' trifle! Shame on you!!! Next time maybe! Heidi