May 10, 2007

this & that

Thank you for all your kind words on my 100th post - it was fun trying to come up with new things about myself. The hardest thing was thinking of something, and then deleting it because I thought I'd save it for a post! lol

We are finishing up school in the next week, and I have been trying to houseclean a few rooms on the first floor. The weather here as been simply gorgeous and we are spending a lot of time outdoors, too!

I thought it would be fun to post some pictures to go along with the 100th post.

This is me around 9 years old - I was a serious ball player, was I not? Look at that game face! haa

And, here is my picture from my freshman yearbook. This is the haircut my dear sister talked me into. Maybe it would have been a better look without the braces! I think that sweater even has shoulder pads. Did you wear them in high school, too?
I've got to admit, it was a great time saver!! lol

30 comments:

Just Mom said...

I had braces, short shair and wore shoulder padded everything in high school too, but I sure as heck am not going to post the photo. Besides, I'm older than you are so my look is going to be screaming "Look at me! I grew up in the mid-80s!" :-)

You look great in both photos.

Susan said...

Love getting to see these pictures of the "younger" you. As if you STILL aren't young!!!

Momma Roar said...

Come on, I dare you Aisha!!

Thanks Susan!

Tracy said...

The photos are cute. I really like the ball picture. I hate shoulder pads. I'm broad anyway, and ripped them out of everything!

Tracy said...

BTW, I like your new profile pic.

Trella said...

I love seeing the picture of when you were younger.

Yes, I did wear shoulder pads. I have no idea why, because I think my shoulders are huge at it is. Why I wore shirts that made them even bigger is beyond me:)
If I fall in love with something that happens to have shoulder pads in it now, I immediately rip them out!!

Enjoy the wonderful weather,
Trella

Tina said...

the boys are standing here admiring your baseball picture. Man Leigh Ann, you are so brave. I would never post any high school pictures. Or maybe I am just too vain. :):)
That was my major ugly phase.
These were lovely to see. You have such a nice smile!

Mrs. Breum said...

Those pics are awesome!

I distinctly remember loving the red (cheap, poly) blazer I wore for my senior pictures (gag), complete w/ penny loafers, high-waisted jeans, a white tee shirt, and puffy shoulder pads. Nice.

And by the way, Aisha, I am dying to see your pic now.

First Time Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! I wore shoulder pads and had braces too. I got my hair cut really short in the 3rd or 4th grade and haven't gotten it cut that short since :)! It was a great time saver though as you mentioned!

Have a great day!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Alicia had that same haircut when she was little, we loved it! I loved shoulder pads. Somehow I thought they made my hips look smaller. So what if I looked like I was headed to play football.

By the way, the 1/2 inch really does matter in your height. My mom is your height and she is getting smaller every year. You need to be proud of everything you have.

Pop over to Lindsey's site and check out the baby announcement she made for her nephew :)
http://www.lindseyjoybells.blogspot.com/

weavermom said...

I somehow got through the 80's without a perm, but definitely not without shoulder pads! :)

~ Amy ~ said...

I love the photos! Shoulder pads - what were we thinking?

Jen said...

I had the braces, the short curly hair to where I looked like Ronald McDonald and stupid clothes too. I think it was a 90's thing. I remember rolling my pants and wearing no socks with little white tennis shoes in the middle of winter. My dad would get so mad and make me put on socks. As soon as I got 2 blocks down I would take them off and head on to get the bus. I'll take frost bite instead of being smart I guess. I was so stupid back then! Love the pics!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of you in your younger years.
I too wore braces. I had the very short haircut during my early grade school years.
I also wore sweaters with shoulder pads.
By the way, I like your new photo on your sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes,
Shoulder pads, tight rolled jeans, braces, big hair, turtle necks, pink and blue eye make-up..... gotta love those fads!

Loved seeing your pictures! :0)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Shoulder pads, why would anybody have worn them but I have to admit,I was one of them! Braces and the short haircut too. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Jill said...

I think we should all have a "post high school photo" day, don't you? Oh my goodness.... the hair, the perms, the shoulder pads....

Anonymous said...

Ack! Shoulder pads! Must we really go there again?! LOL!!! Loved your pictures!

Kerrie said...

I wore shoulder pads - but why? What was their purpose? I usually ended up cutting them out. I should have put them to good use and shoved them in my bra. :)

Sandy said...

I HATE shoulder pads in my shirts! I always rip them out because it makes me look like a football player. I use to play softball too.....geesh when I look at that picture I look like a little geek with glasses LOL Geez come to think about it when I look at all my school pictures I look like a geek!

TO BECOME said...

You are so cute. I grew up in the time of beehives and french twists hairstyles. Of couse we were poor so we just combed our hair and put a ribbon in it and it was fixed. We all had naturally curly hair which sometimes helped and sometimes hindered. I am glad it is almost time for your school to be finished. Quite an accomplishment. Hope you have a good week. connie from Texas

Heidi Jo Comes said...

how about the leather bomber jackets...anyone???

you are a brave and beautiful soul.

kerrie, that gives me something to think about...thrift stores are bound to still have padded shoulder tops...hmmmmm

Heather K said...

Cute pics Leigh Ann... Yes I think I had almost exactly the same haircut when I was 16, no braces though.... And yes I too had the lovely shoulder pads... the quarterback look -ha
And yes.. I'm with Aisha.... I'm older than you... probably than Aisha too! I graduated in '86...the height of acid washed jeans and high top runners!! :oD
Heather
I think the curly perms came later in the early 90's didn't they??

MorningSong said...

Have you updated your photo you use with your comments? It looks different?

Tammy said...

First of all, a belated Happy 100th post to you! :)
Sorry to have gotten so far behind...

I love these pictures! Especially, the one with your "game face"! And what, shoulder pads are out, now...? ;)

MorningSong said...

Last time today - I promise! haha It was a subtle change but definitely more flattering!! Tell your son he did a great job!! Have a great night.

Karen said...

Cute pictures! I have very broad shoulders, and I don't know why I thought I needed more there!

Ruth said...

I love seeing you as you were growing up. The styles we used to wear are hilarious. What's even funnier is when they come BACK in style and our children start wearing them!!

Unknown said...

Loved the photos! At first, I thought that Quentin looked much older than 4.5 then I read it was you!LOL

I do remember that hair style! I never had it but friends at church and school did!

I am older than you for sure! I wore those shoulder pad outfits after I married I think!

Myrna said...

I'm a LOT older than you--but I had braces also. I got them and glasses in the same week. I was a beauty. Yes, I was! There will be no high school pictures on my blog!

I enjoyed your 100--I read every one of them!