Imagine my surprise, while I’m reading a Canadian blogger’s page and I come across a blogger that lives just minutes from me. As I was reading Dawnelle’s blog, I came across Ghost Girl. I found her name intriguing and her comment was written with such an inviting style, I wanted to read more. I clicked on her profile and visited her blog. I couldn’t believe it when I realized how close we were. I left a comment and heard back from her shortly thereafter. I've had the opportunity to email with her a few times.
Then, just this past Tuesday, we met. I offered to take her to a local farmer’s market/flea market to show her around. Unlike me, Mary Ann didn’t grow up here. We talked and shopped and had a wonderful time at the market (and Mary Ann, I have just one chocolate whoopie pie left). I am still amazed at the opportunity to meet a fellow blogger. I had a great time getting to know her better and listening to her current writing projects and her family.
I really enjoyed myself and look forward to getting together again sometime. I had to chuckle as I followed her out of the parking lot, because on the back of her car is this bumper sticker, “Don't Annoy the Writer--She might put you in a book and kill you!” A sudden panic struck, leaving me to wonder on the ride home, if I had annoyed her and if Momma Roar is going to show up in her next book only to be killed off? ;-D
With a future blog post in the making, I grabbed my camera before we parted – please excuse the fact that I look like I just swallowed a balloon and that my head is 10 times larger than Mary Ann’s! I had such a fun time Mary Ann! And if I did annoy you, please don’t put me in a book and kill me! Haa
With a future blog post in the making, I grabbed my camera before we parted – please excuse the fact that I look like I just swallowed a balloon and that my head is 10 times larger than Mary Ann’s! I had such a fun time Mary Ann! And if I did annoy you, please don’t put me in a book and kill me! Haa
Have you met any bloggers? And I don’t mean those you knew before you started, but have you had a chance to meet someone you didn’t know before you started blogging? I just can't say enough how surprised I am at how many great friends I've met since I've started blogging. This has certainly added variety to my life - and I love it! Have a wonderful day!
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
32 comments:
Wow! That is really neat, and no I have never met a fellow blogger in person that I already didn't know.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time, what a cute picture of the both of you! I had to laugh at the bumper sticker. :0) I have met several bloggers in real life and hopefully more in the future! I would love to meet you Leigh Ann!
Kelli
No, you don't look like you swallowed a balloon! You look great! That is so neat that you met someone that close. I haven't yet
What fun!
I hope to meet some (including you :) ), but I haven't yet!
Is it wrong to feel just a little jealous?
Can you do some of your fancy work and take her face out and put mine in? You know I would never kill you off, haha!
How neat to have met someone thru this little world of blogging! I have never met anyone in person yet but I'm still pretty new to this. There are a few that I would like to meet, you included! If I ever wander down near the Dutch Country I'll let you know!
That's so neat Leigh Ann! No, I haven't met any bloggers in person that I didn't already know. I would love to meet up with everyone but don't know if that will ever happen! Its funny how blogging can bring people together!
I have never met a blogger in person, but I have developed many friendships. I think this sounded so fun! What a great friend you are to share the community.
I love how blogging has made the world so small!
i didn't know amber, kerrie, or amanda until blogging. and we all do live in the same town. now i've met them all and i am so thrilled to have met them!
but there are a few farther that i would love to meet!!
I would love to meet some of them!
“Don't Annoy the Writer--She might put you in a book and kill you!”
How funny rofl,
Glad you was able to meat a fellow blogger. Sounded like you had fun.
What a wonderful thing that the two of you could meet. I've not met anyone, but a little part of me just wants to throw a blogger weekend at my house (when my new room and deck are finished) and invite EVERYONE I've gotten to "know".
What fun and so exciting.....I haven't had the priviledge of meeting anyone in the flesh & blood but I surely treasure the friends I've made in blogland. It's a very real "world" to me.
Sure hope you don't get killed off in one of her books but it would be fun for you to be in one of her books :o)
Susan
What a fun opportunity! Glad y'all had a nice time! I've never met a blogger ... maybe one day!
Only one chocolate whoopie pie left!! Egads! And no, you do not look like you swallowed a balloon. You are beautiful!
It was so fabulous to meet a blogging buddy and even more wonderful that you live so close--which means we can get together more often!
So far...I don't predict any literary death in your future...maybe stardom, but not death!
Thanks for a great day at the market, Mamaroar!
That is so neat that you met a fellow blogger.
I have met a few new local gals through blogging that I hadn't met before.
I haven't met any of you bloggers that live in different states, but I sure would like to meet some of you someday(including you Leigh Ann).
I love it! That is so awesome.
Ok, I LOVE that bumper sticker! My husband had one that said "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." Ok...a bit bazarre, but I thought that was great, too.
I have not met one of my new blogging friends, but I have met someone I met online through an e-mail loop for heart defects. It was really neat to meet my friend in person!!
I'm coming along next time, you two. :-D
How fun!! I have not met any bloggers yet.
What an awesome story.
Just this week I found a blogging buddy that lives less than 4 miles from my home... we are in the country, so that is really close for us! We are planning a get-together!
AND... I have met several people I attend church with through blog world.... typically it starts with a staffer's blog, then to the volunteer folks. We have about 7,500 -8,000 people every Sunday in 4 services, so it is not possible to know everyone. It is REALLY cool to blog with someone and know them, then meet them in person.
AND... there was a lady just yesterday that I noticed a picture of our local zoo... come to find out that they live about 45 minutes from us.
AND... jungle mom.... she was in the jungle with a family that our last church helped to support...I have watched this families children in nursery and prayed with them...
Technology makes this world even smaller!
That's awesome! I've never met any other bloggers in person (other than those I already knew).
Yum! Whoopie Pies!! Sorry, got a little side-tracked there. lol! ;)
I have met a few local ladies that I didn't know before blogging. I would love to meet you (like everyone else) but don't forget...we are really twins! HA!
Oh, how neat. I haven't had the chance to meet anyone yet either, but would love to sometime. Nobody too awful close to here! I'm glad y'all had such a good time meeting!
I haven't yet, but soon will! I was going to meet Karen from Kindred Haven this wekend, but hse had something come up. Lord willing, I'll meet Vanessa from Yahweh's Retreat next week while we are on vacation!
I wish I could meet you!
I have not have that priviledge yet. How fun for the both of you!! I've enjoyed looking over your blog and all the great pictures today. Have a great Memorial Day! Blessings, Diane
Yep, I met two bloggers in October: FlipFlopFloozie and Mary at Crankin' Out the Hits. I loved it!! I would so do it again.
Hugs. Love the picture.
:-) Susan
Hi Leigh Ann
that sounds so cool.... I haven't met any fellow bloggers yet. BUT... this summer Terri from my4kids is coming through our area on their way up to Alaska... So we plan to meet here in my town...my kids have seen her pics of her kids and are so excited!! --me too! that's a great picture of the two of you... and no don't see the balloon resemblance!
Heather
How fun! I haven't met a blogger... I do know some previously but haven't met face to face with any of my new blog friends. I would love to though!
Post a Comment