
I thought this was such a fun idea that I wanted to participate. Thanks Kelli - for more Show and Tells visit Kelli's blog.
To back up a little, when I was pregnant with my oldest, I thought it would be so much fun to knit a blanket, booties and all that stuff for my first baby. I went to the store and bought a Learn to Knit book (basically a Knit for Dummies book) and I was such a dummy that I still couldn't figure it out! I was still able to nurture my baby and take care of him, even if he wasn't wearing cute little knit booties!
We were in a plane, headed west, and my mother in law taught me how to knit. I think I made 2 or 3 scarves that week alone! When we came home I was up for a bigger challenge. There is a local knit shop and the owner is just wonderful! I headed to her store and told her I wanted something basic, but wanted to go beyond a scarf.
I am not much of an artist when it comes to drawing or painting, but when I can create something with my hands, by myself - and it looks like it is supposed to, I get excited! Thanks for taking a look at my show and tell.
21 comments:
Your purse is beautiful!! I love the color and especially the little sparkles in the wool! I'm very impressed that you made it so soon after learning how to knit. My Grandma taught me when I was 12 and I'm still on scarves! LOL Thank you for participating in my Show and Tell!
Kelli
I am truly impressed. I never learned how to knit but use to do a LOT of embroidery and counted cross stitch. I even won a blue ribbon at the New Mexico State Fair for a set of tea towels I embroideried in 1986. I'm going to run over to kelli's and check out what this Show and Tell is all about.
I am impressed. I have always wanted to learn how to crochet and knit as they are both a dying art. Your purse looks great, love the color too!
How pretty! I'm not crafty and have never learned to knit or sew. I'll just stick to enjoying everyone else's creations, LOL!
I like your purse. That is neat.
I wish I could knit. I've tried and just can't get the hang of it. I can crochet though. I've made many a potholders and dishcloths.
Thanks for sharing your show and tell with us. I'm going to do this too.
Come check my site out later.
Your purse is so pretty! I'm impressed it was your first project! I learned to knit about a year ago and started with a scarf. This past winter I made my little niece a hoodie.
I love it :)
I posted mine too..
Oh my gosh, you're so talented. I tried knitting once and it was a total disaster. I might have to take it up again (if I can only remember how). I'm going to have to find that Dummies book.
WOW that really is pretty!!! I am not talented at all! Wish I could do something like that! Came by way of Kelli!!
I love felted knitting! Nice job!
What a super job you did. I am very impressed. My husband can knit and he is teaching the girls, but I well I think he has given up on me:)
Thanks for visiting Gracious Hospitality! I'm very happy to meet you and enjoyed reading your blog as well. I really like your felted, knitted purse. I've never made one --- but it looks really fun!
LaTeaDah
Congrats on your new found talents! I just watched a program yesterday about felting....do ya know, can I do the same thing with crocheting? I just can't get the knitting thing down even tho' I spent an ENTIRE rainy day in New Orleans in the knitting shop trying to learn! Now crocheting, I can do that and love it. Just wondering if the felting worked with the different stitching?
Wow...that is really great. I can't do too much of this kind of thing. I love this post.
:-) Susan
Great job! I only wish that I could knit!
So awesome! Some of the girls I work with have been making them. I tried to buy a green one, but she's not selling quite yet.
One of my other blogging friends tried this and it bombed. She decided she could use it to hold one of her boobs in it, haha :) She did a post on it http://kimosd.blogspot.com/2007/03/felted-bag-blunder.html
Very nice! The color is lovely!
I can't knit so I greatly admire anyone who can. The purse is beautiful!
Thanks for your visit today!
You did a wonderful job on the purse! That is one area I am afraid to tackle. I have tried it a little before, and I would get so frustrated and give up.
I'm very impressed!
Thank you all for your kind words. This really was a simple project because you knit it in the round and just had to count rows - very easy to do with a marker. If you are interested in my pattern, I can share the pattern number info with you. And seriously, if I can do it, you can do it!!
Oh, that is so awesome!!! I love the purse:) Learning how to knit is on my list of things to do....
Julieann:)
Post a Comment