April 13, 2007

Did I really agree to this?

Susan had this randomization meme on her Learning for Lifetime blog. I "stepped up" to her challenge (along with 4 others, including Susan/Penless) to be "randomized." Here are Susan's questions and my answers. If you'd like to be "randomized" leave me a note in my comments and I'll send you MY five questions for you to answer.

1. What's your worst pet peeve?
I guess it would have to be blog readers who don't leave comments. Just Kidding! Seriously, it would have to be people who aren't considerate to mothers pushing strollers. We have a farm market that I like to shop at and it is always very full. It drives me nuts when people jump out ahead of me to 'beat the stroller.'

2. What are five things you would do if "money were no object?"

Since she didn't specify it as the "first" five things and you all know that I'd give it away to good causes, I decided to ask my family for suggestions.


1. I'd buy a horse for my mom, because she's always wanted one (so she says). And, if you're going to buy a horse then you might as well hire a jockey and a trainer so you can race it. You didn't think she wanted to ride it, did you?

2. My dad would like a riding mower for their new house. They have more lawn to mow than their previous home a full quarter of an acre. (I hope this helps explain why I am the way I am)

3. I'd purchase a laptop for myself so that I am not confined to blog in my den. I could be doing it during breakfast, lunch and supper, and while they kids play...oh wait, I already do that. But the laptop would allow me to be next to them! It would promote more togetherness. And then I could blog more about the funny things my children say, since I can never remember when it comes to typing it up!

4. I would host The Very Ultimate Blog Party for the blogging friends of Momma Roar's blog. I would host it on a cruise ship and we'd have MercyMe along with many other Christian artists aboard for entertainment. All of our favorite foods would be available, but the only drink will be Pepsi, no coffee! Oh, and it would be Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi! Since I am trying to lose some extra weight, the diet soda would balance out the effects of any high calorie foods we may eat. Come on guys, you know I was a Health teacher!! I wouldn't lead you down a wrong path ;)

5. My last one...well, no expense would be spared to hire the best babysitters so that we SAHMs know our children are in the best care. We wouldn't want our husbands to watch the children...they need to keep working so we have spending money!

3. If you could be an inanimate object, what would you be and why?

I'd want to be a cello. I've always loved its mellow sound - even though when I played, it didn't sound very mellow!

4. OK, fess up, some people have eaten crayons or tasted glue. What's the strangest thing you've ever taste-tested? Where were you and why did you do it?

My brother, sister and I had these pretzel pins as kids. It was a real pretzel that was shellacked and glued to a pin, so you could wear it. I remember breaking the pin off and eating the pretzel. It was stale...I guess I was hungry. I can't remember anything else I would have tried. If you haven't already guessed, I am not the most daring person.

5. And because I LOVE music and Linda (who challenged Susan) used music: If you were standing before all of your friends and family and they asked you to summarize yourself in one to two songs, what would you sing and why?

1. Running over, running over, my cup life is full and running over.

2. They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!

I think the "why" is self-explanatory!

So do I have any takers?

16 comments:

Just Mom said...

I accepted Penless Susan's challenge. If you feel like challenging me, too, go ahead.

BTW ... "They're coming to take me away..." LOVE your sense of humor (and that song). Will you sing that for us during the Very Ultimate Blog Party?

Momma Roar said...

I certainly would - and while singing the men in the white coats will come take me away because my voice is SO awful. I had to laugh when I googled the lyrics, they were from 1975 - the year I was born ;) I guess it was written for me!

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the challenge and the party. YES!
Sorry, not Pepsi for me. I'll bring my own ice water, thanks. I'm a real party girl :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, check out my blog. You've been tagged :)

Susan said...

Oh Leigh Ann you are so funny you crack me up. Between my Branson Blogger Convention and your Very Ultimate Blog Party you better find a REALLLLLY good baby sitter!

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd get in on your blog so I can be included in #4 in "If money was no object."

And your anniversary is on my birthday. Obviously this is a few years apart because the year you were born is the year I gradutaed high school. You know, in Blogville everyone seems the same age, doncha think???

Ruth said...

Hi! I've seen you "around" on many blogs I visit, so I thought I'd drop in and leave a "calling card"! I love the questions and answers you gave.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the songs, that really cracked me up! Alot of days I feel like that too.

TO BECOME said...

That was good and learned some very important things about you. I would love to come to your blog party. I bet it would be great fun. Connie from Texas

Lori said...

Hi! I think we are on the computer at the same time. I just noticed you left me a comment.

I like this post.
An Ultimate Blog Party would be fun.
I also like the idea of a lap top so that I wouldn't have to be confined to coming to the basement to check my computer.

Trella said...

Leigh Ann you are too funny! I am sure with you as a host of the Ultimate Blog Party it would be a blast.

Tammy said...

Hi...I'm visiting from Susan's since I was also one of the tagged!
I enjoyed visiting here and loved your answers! :)
I'll be posting mine in a couple days...:)

Melli said...

LOL! About 4-5 years ago I would SO have chosen your second song for MY life too! And I love Cello! That is wOnderful!!!

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It was great reading your answers, too. And, I am COMMENTING...so as not to stir up your pet peeve! ha! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

LOL, great answers!! Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

Tracy said...

I was also born in 1975...although I agree with Becky...in bloggerville everyone seems the same age! :)