Heather from The Zoo and Ginger at Just a Thought tagged me for this birthday meme. It looked interesting, so I'll give it a go and see what new things I learn!
BIRTHDAY MEME
1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthdate only -without the year.
July 10
2. List 3 events that occured that day:
A) 1938 - Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91 hour airplane flight around the world.
B) 1962 - Telstar, the world's first communications satellite, is launched into orbit
C) 1978 - World News Tonight premieres on ABC
3. List 2 important birthdays:
A) 1943 - Arthur Ashe, American tennis player (d. 1993)
B) 1980 - Adam Kyler Petty (d. 2000) was the first fourth-generation driver in NASCAR history. Grandson to "The King" Richard Petty and son of Kyle Petty.
4. List 1 death:
1978 - John D Rockefeller III, American businessman (b. 1906)
5. List a holiday or observance:
Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba.
I'm not aware of this holiday or Meher Baba - but thought it truly fascinating that someone who struggles being silent, was born on the day some celebrate Silence!
I'll tag anyone who hasn't done it yet but would like to :)
4 comments:
Okay, I'll give this a try:
November 3rd:
Events:
1) 1493 - Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea.
2) 1964 - U.S. presidential election, 1964: Incumbent US President Lyndon B. Johnson defeats Republican challenger Barry Goldwater, Sr with over 60 percent of the popular vote. (the year I was born--my mom likes to say it's the day Barry Goldwater lost the election.)
3) 1998 - Former professional wrestler Jesse Ventura is elected Governor of Minnesota.
Birthdays:
1794 - William Cullen Bryant, American poet and journalist (d. 1878)
1953 - Dennis Miller, American comedian
Death:
1926 - Annie Oakley, American sharp-shooter (b. 1860)
Holiday:
Day of resurrection of the god Osiris during the pagan celebration the Discovery of Osiris (Inventio Osiridis)
Lots of fun!
You are such a good sport. I know how you hate to sit and spend time on your computer :)
I have also never heard of that holiday, and I love your comment about being born on that day.
Wow, I was just tagged to do this and went on this morning to check my date but haven't posted the results yet. We both have the same birthday.
Post a Comment