April 15, 2007

Sunday at home - this is how rumors start

Here it is 9:30 Sunday morning, and I'm at home. I am usually in my own Sunday school class or teaching the 2nd grade but a few of us are at home. Its Elle, Colin and me. Colin has been fed and is working on going back down for a morning nap...and Elle, she is still asleep.

Elle had a terrible night Friday night, throwing up in bed. I never did so much laundry in one night. She actually woke up Saturday morning with the same sheets that she went to bed with. While T would scoop her up and take her to the bathroom and get her cleaned up and I'd replace the sheets on the bed with fresh ones and take the dirty ones down to throw in the washer. Then an hour later, we'd be doing it again. So I'd head down and start another load after placing the wet sheets in the dryer. Each child has two sets of sheets for their bed and since Elle's were both being washed or dried at the moment, I reached for Quintin's other set. Well, she did not want to go to bed using his. Here it is 3:30am and I'm trying to rationalize with my 2 year old. Then I remembered that she likes to crawl into Quintin's bed at bedtime and wants to sleep there, so I said using Quintin's sheets is like sleeping in his bed. Worked like a charm! After that we had one more episode, so I took the dirty sheets down and the ones in the dryer were dry - the original set. 3 loads of laundry in one night, it has to be a record for me! She slept just great last night, didn't wake up one time, and like I mentioned above, is still sleeping.

So now to the "rumors." Last week, a prayer call went around for a woman in our church having surgery at a local women's hospital. This call came around Wednesday morning for this woman who shares my last name - except I don't believe our husbands are related. There are 4 families in our church with the same last name - 3 of those families would be us, my hubby's parents and hubby's brother. So, this call goes around and the name of this woman is LuAnn. So you can imagine there would be some confusion. My mother-in-law is the one who records the message for our prayer chain (done by a Phone Tree) and even I paused and had to listen to it twice, thinking, am I supposed to be somewhere this morning? A few friends called, I got some e-mails and two cards even came in the mail. One of my friends, at a Bible Study, said they were trying to get this all straightened out and she commented, "This is how rumors get started." I think since the call went around Wednesday that most people have figured out it isn't me but this other woman.

So, back to me staying home from church. I laughed as my son and hubby left because I was thinking of the people who haven't heard the correction and when they see my hubby there alone...oh boy. A few of my friends said they hoped I had a great evening Wednesday since they were covering me in prayer, but I know that the Lord knows who it was for. Even T's sister called her mom and asked if that was for me, because it if was why hadn't I said anything at Easter Dinner? Oh yes...even with the best of intentions, rumors still get started.

Have a good day everyone, I am going to head upstairs and wake up my peanut - I'm going to guess her diaper isn't going to hold too much longer :(

12 comments:

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Wow! What a week you've had! Thanks for stopping by my site. Just thought I would pop in and get to know you a little.

I hope your little one is feeling better.

Lori said...

Sorry to hear about Elle not feeling well.
I hope she feels better soon.

Susan said...

I hope she's better today and that all is settling down there. THAT is a lot of laundry to do in one night.

Yes, that's how rumors get started. When DH was a young pastor, he had surgery on his knee and they scratched his eye while giving him anesthesia. When he came out of surgery, his eye was a mess and he had to wear a patch over it. I told one person that DH's eye was scratched and pretty soon we were getting calls that he was BLIND and that he'd LOST HIS EYE! Funny.

Hugs!!

:-) Susan

Anonymous said...

I do remember afew awful nights of kids with the flu and I also had a bed wetter. I did many nights of changing sheets and swapping beds. You poor thing :(

I'm so glad that all is well with you following your surgery. Oh, it wasn't you? I could have sworn I read that somewhere. Now where was that again? Hmmm, seems like it was on someones blog...

Trella said...

So sorry you and Elle had such a rough night. I do hope that Elle is doing better.
Did anyone ask your husband how your surgery went:)?

Momma Roar said...

lol, no Trella, no one asked. But the minister having the opening this morning said something to the tune of "We have a Leigh Ann ______ and a LuAnn _____. While Leigh Ann certainly appreciated the cards, emails and prayers, it is LuAnn that had the surgery." He said everyone laughed! Too funny! I had called him because I was feeling guilty for receiving cards that weren't meant for me!

Karen said...

I've had Loonnngggg nights like that. No fun at all!
I'm glad it wasn't you!!! Rumors are so quick to spread, aren't they????

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! The laundry! Sorry to hear about Elle and hope she is feeling better...and that you get a little rest.

Kelli said...

Oh, what a night you had! I hope Elle is feeling better and you all get some rest soon!
Hugs!
Kelli

Tracy said...

You call your daughter PEANUT? We call our son that as well. SMALL WORLD! I hope Elle is feeling better.

Did you ever play that game (when you were little) where one person whispers something in someone's ear and then they tell the next person and by the time it gets to the last one...it is NOTHING like what was initially said. TOO FUNNY!

~ Amy ~ said...

Isn't it the worst trying to convince a 2 yr old in the middle of the night when their so sleepy and so sick. I'm glad to hear that your hubby was right their helping. What a guy!

Kind of funny about the name mix-up. At least you know that if you have to go to surgery - there's people out there that care about ya.

Ruth said...

Oh, I hope your little one is feeling better now. I have to laugh about the rumor story, however! I also hope you are getting some sleep now!!