Note: Palm branches don't hold up well when given out before the worship service! Often the minister will ask the little ones to hold up their branches and say "Hosanna!" Since our church is very full of little ones, it is always a very awesome site!
Matthew 21 (NKJV) from Bible Gateway
The Triumphal Entry
1 Now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me. 3 And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them.”4 All this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: 5 “ Tell the daughter of Zion, ‘ Behold, your King is coming to you, Lowly, and sitting on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.’”6 So the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt, laid their clothes on them, and set Him on them. 8 And a very great multitude spread their clothes on the road; others cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “ Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘ Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’ Hosanna in the highest!” 10 And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, “Who is this?” 11 So the multitudes said, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee.”
8 comments:
So sweet and precious. I'll bet your daughter feels like a really big girl!!
I am not seeing your profile picture on the page.
How precious! What a perfect Sunday to officially be a "big girl".
They both look adorable.
Cute photo. Yes, you're right, palms don't last in the hands of little ones.
I love your new profile pic, by the way.
Our Church gives out palm branches too! Sweet picture! :)
I love your profile picture too :)
That is so sweet...and what a great picture! :)
Thanks for sharing the Palm Sunday story.
Your kids look so cute all dressed up for church.
I want to share about our palm Sunday too. We got Palm branches at church too. Megan had to ask what is this called.
I also like your new profile picture! It is very pretty.
In a church of 10,000 we don't hand out many branches...just our pastor had one :)
lol, no Ginger, I can't imagine you could. :)
Post a Comment