April 24, 2007

Oh no...

The following is an ad that appeared four days in a row in a real-life newspaper -- the last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake.

MONDAY: For sale: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Phone 948-0707 after 7 PM and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap.

TUESDAY Notice: We regret having erred in R.D. Jones' ad yesterday. It should have read "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 948-0707 and ask for Mrs. Kelly, who lives with him after 7 PM."

WEDNESDAY Notice: R.D. Jones has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad yesterday. The ad stands correct as follows: "For sale: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 948-0707 after 7 PM and ask for Mrs. Kelly who loves with him."

THURSDAY Notice: I, R.D. Jones, have no sewing machine for sale. I smashed it. Don't call 948-0707 as I have had the phone disconnected. I have not been carrying on with Mrs.Kelly. Until yesterday she was my housekeeper but she quit!

From the Good, Clean Funnies List

21 comments:

Trella said...

Thanks for the laugh, Leigh Ann. I spit my cereal out laughing when I got to Thursday.
Have a great day,
Trella

Susan said...

I love "REAL" life. It is so much funnier than made up jokes. The moral of this story, to me is, if you make a mistake don't call added attention to it because you might just compound it.

Karen said...

Oh gracious!! ROFL!!! I needed that this morning! Thanks!

weavermom said...

Oh no! This can't be real! :) Poor Mr. Jones.

Mrs. Breum said...

That was so funny!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!! Is it a true story??

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

I re-read the post... my comment did not apply... but it is a funnier post the second time around!
Jane

Just Mom said...

Bwahahahahahahahaha....


Hope you're feeling better.

Tracy said...

L*O*L

Anonymous said...

LOL! How funny! Thanks for the laugh today!

Kelli said...

Oh, that is hiliarious!!! How are you feeling??
Kelli

Momma Roar said...

I'm feeling better today, thank you for asking and I appreciate all the prayers and kind words yesterday! I had a bit of a 'set back' lol, last night, but I have more energy today! I was able to wash a few window screens and open up to the wonderful 70 degree weather we are having.

**I don't know if this story is true or not, it came across the Good, Clean Funnies email list, but I believe all the stories are true.

TO BECOME said...

Boy, what a horrible thing. That paper needs to hire someone else. But it was funny. lol X 10. Thanks, Mommaroar. connie from Texas

Teresa said...

Now that's funny!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That's pretty funny, thanks for sharing with us.

Tracy said...

That's really funny! Poor guy!

Lori said...

That is so funny! Thanks for giving me a good laugh today.

Ash said...

LOL. I love it! How incredibly funny....

Tammy said...

Very cute!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Too funny!