April 8, 2007

Friends

"Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly." ~Unknown

I want to thank all you angels this week that have helped lift my feet with your encouraging Easter posts. You've helped me to fly and grow closer to our Lord with your challenging posts.

I've had a heavy heart due to some family and friends going through some difficult times and you all have helped to put a smile on my face (not just this week, but since I've met you.) I was able to, on Friday afternoon, finally give up my worries and fear to Him....

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one." Psalm 28:7-8

....and I was able to think more deeply about this weekend. I thank each of you for your posts this past week, you've been my angels!

10 comments:

weavermom said...

I love that quote! I'll have to steal it. :)

I'm glad that your heart is not as heavy - Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I am awarding you a Thinking Blogger Award. I will post about it soon...

candy :)

Susan said...

Glad your heart is lighter.

Momma Roar said...

You may steal it weavermom!! I found it in the book Hugs for Friends!

Thank you Candy, how thoughtful of you!! I'll work on my 5 nominees soon!

Pen of Jen said...

Candy had the same idea I had. I was picked for the second time for the Thinking Blogger, and I was glad, because there are so many blogs that make me think. Yours is one:)
I am so glad that you take the time to post. I really enjoy all you write. So even though Candy picked you on Tuesday I will make it official, and tag you again.
So I will let you know tues. meantime think of ten not five!

Momma Roar said...

Wow, thank you pen of jen!

Kelli said...

The first verse you shared has been helping me a lot these last few weeks! I tend to be a worry-wort!

I'm glad that you are feeling better.
Hugs,
Kelli

TO BECOME said...

MommaRoar, I am so glad your burden is lighter. God uses many thing to bring glory to himself, perhaps this was one of those things. I appreciate you so much. connie from Texas

Lori said...

I love that quote on friends. I may have to copy it too.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have been going through some tough times and I must say that this blogging world always helps put a smile on my face or a word of encouragement that brightens my day. Thanks for your added words to my day that help lighten the load. God is faithful.