
Last eve I paused beside a blacksmith's door
And heard the anvil bang and vesper chimes
Then looking in, I saw upon the floor
Old hammers worn with beating years of time.
"How many anvils have you had," said I,
"To wear and batter all these hammers so?"
"Just one," said he, and then with twinkling eye,
"The anvil wears the hammers out, you know."
"And so," I thought, "The anvil of God's Word
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon,
Yet, though the noise of falling blows was heard,
The anvil is unharmed, the hammers gone."
~Author Unknown
11 comments:
HMMM very good... I like this poem, it says it all!
Heather
Thanks for sharing, what a wonderful poem
You keep them coming. Thought provoking, heart touching, good for the soul.
Thanks for sharing. You've posted yet another great poem. I like it.
Just wonderful and so true. Thank you, I appreciated the poem. connie from Texas
Ooooo. I like...
I've always loved this and it's so good to be reminded.
Although I would have lovvvved to have won the blog design, you deserved it. Now you no longer need it because you did such a great job in changing your look all by yourself. I, on the other hand, totally blew it! I'm back to the old look and afraid to try again to update...oh well. Thanks for the update. Hug those little babies real tight. Soon they will be grown. Kiss their little cheeks while they let you :)
I've never heard that one before. Good thought provoker.
I've never heard that one, either. Good post!
I'm tagging you to do a post on
"Real Mums". Come over to my site and check it out.
You can also click on Ashley's site- who tagged me. You can also check out her moms site - Karen's who tagged her to see what it is all about.
I hope you play along - it was fun!
Post a Comment