April 17, 2007

7 things about myself

Tara has tagged me to do a post telling you fine folks 7 things about myself. I could tell you the same thing 7 different ways, but I figure it'll be more to do that random "betcha didn't know this" kind of thing.

1. I've never had a cavity.

2. I was a cheerleader in HS.

3.I have lots of freckles and when my children first notice them, they ask I how I got my boo-boos.

4. I've done 4 loads of laundry since last night. I've set a new record. Quintin is now sick, and I even think Colin might have a touch of it.

5. Growing up I wanted to be either a teacher or a veterinarian. I gave up the latter because I got to overwhelmed thinking about having to put an animal to sleep.


6. My first job out of college was for the local YMCA. I taught PE for 2 private schools that didn't have gyms. So I would pick up the classes, in a really old 15 passenger van, and bring them to the Y. I also ran their youth sports programs on the weekends, soccer in the fall and spring and basketball in the winter. When I was hired, they wanted to welcome me by announcing my start on the marquee outside. Unfortunately, the worker in charge of changing it hadn't met me yet and didn't realize I had two names. Although it would have been nice to have two 'me's to do the job!

7. After spending one year at the Y, I got hired at an elementary school just blocks from the Y. I had driven past the school many times while traveling with my students and I didn't even know it was there.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a cool one lol

Sandy said...

Wow, no cavities! I'm impressed LOL

Mrs. Breum said...

Cute! Love the picture. :)

weavermom said...

Fun! No cavities - wow!

~ Amy ~ said...

That YMCA sign cracks me up. Did you ever try to collect two paychecks?

Ever wonder where you'd be now if you did go for the veterinarian career?

I love these kinds of posts - some interesting stuff!

Momma Roar said...

lol, you know Amy, I did try to! My boss didn't think it was funny, though :) I'm just glad I snapped the picture before they changed the sign!

Just Mom said...

I'm surprised you're somewhat conscious and able to blog, considering you had to do four loads of laundry overnight. What dedication.

Momma Roar said...

dedication..nah, its just one of these easy blog filler-things ;-)

Tammy said...

That was so fun! I really enjoyed learning about you...the picture is adorable! :)
No cavities? My kids and I are all jealous...
And that sign introducing you is a riot! :)

Blessings,
~Tammy

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing. It was fun to learn more about yourself.
I was a cheerleader too.
That is a nice picture of you.

Tracy said...

Cool cheerleading picture!! NO CAVITIES? Do people really go through life with no cavities?? Good job!

Trella said...

I love the picture! You are my hero, no cavities!

Anonymous said...

No Cavities..wow, thats awesome.
Rob has one right now and he's in so much pain..waiting to get in today sometime to get it filled :)
Im hoping and praying the kids get better real soon. Hope you get some rest soon too.
Love Candy
xo

Anna said...

I love that picture of you! (I'm impressed with the no cavities one!)

Susan said...

Great job and your right those are seven things we didn't know. I've spent many $ at the dentist. I envy you (oh that's right.....I'm not suppose to envy....ooops!)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Loved the sign! LOL!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

I love that picture, too! My kids would always touch the mole on my foot and say "ouch!". Of course the 3 scars on my chin were just "interesting"!

My two choices were also vet or teacher. I think I made the right choice--less poop. Wait a minute...I'm a mom...scratch that poop remark!

Hope you're able to get some decent rest tonight!

Becky said...

Hi there! I found your blog through the Weaver Yahoo Group...we are going to start weaving this coming fall! My hubby has never had a cavity either...can't say the same for myself, though! I enjoyed my visit...I'll bookmark ya!

Becky
www.mercerfamily.com/mercerjournal

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so cool! I loved this post. I'm gonna copy you.

I've been told I'm slow and a freak. Soooo, who is the picture of?

Susan said...

Awwww....I love the pic!! I hope everyone's on the "upswing" there.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

Beach Girl said...

I didn't get my one and only cavity until I was almost 20. I cried and asked the dentist if it was going to hurt to have it filled. :-)

Vanessa

Ruth said...

Hehehehe! I love the 7 things you chose to share. I love the "light outlook" on life. I need to develop that more!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Never had a cavity...I didn't think that was possibe, pretty impressive!

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved reading these! And kudos for the no cavity thing!!

I saw your yahoo button! Great job getting that figured out! To answer your question, I have enjoyed the group. My book doesn't seem to have as much discussion as the Charlotte Mason one, but that's OK. I have to watch my computer time. I'm gaining lots of encouragement from the book!

Jill said...

As someone who has had three root canals, several crowns and a filling in nearly every tooth, I have to say you are very lucky! Thanks for sharing the photo, too!

Tara O said...

Oh these are so cool! Great job on brushing your teeth MOMMA