May 28, 2009

Berries!!!

2 pints strawberries...$$$
(Overcharged at am.ish stand across from our development, LOL!)
They look good enough to stop here...
1 packet certo...$1.99
4 cups sugar...on hand
6 jars in my first batch of this year
(with many more to come)
all for my hubby's enjoyment...priceless.


What are you favorite jellies or jams to make? Or haven't you tried yet? The recipe in the certo box is very, very easy and the results are very, very yummy!!

post signature

11 comments:

Tracy said...

That looks delicious! I'm surprised that you got that mush jam from two pints!

Tracy said...

*much

Renee said...

YUMMO!!! I might need the name of the "over priced" stand; the critters are devouring my strawberry patch. :-( LOL (not about loosing my produce, but that we pay WAY TOO much for homegrown produce)

weavermom said...

I've never made jam or jelly - I would like to try though. Yours looks delicious!

Just Mom said...

Oh great and wise Domestic Diva, can you also tell me how to make that in a sugar-free version. ;-D

Susan said...

Looks wonderful. I, like Tracy, am surprised you got that much from 2 pints.
Susan

Susan said...

P.S. I'll also be eager for you to post about a sugarless jam. I guess you could substitute Splenda?
Susan

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That looks marvelous! MMMMMM!

We like rhubarb jam and apple jelly, chokecherry jelly and raspberry jam.

Andrea said...

Haven't tried to make jam...but might have to give it a try. It looks so yummy!! Homemade jams are SO much better than store bought!

We've been eating tons of strawberries as the grocery store has had a sale on them the past two weeks!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

YUM YUM YUM! Go on girl!

... said...

yum! both the plain strawberries and the jam looks yummy. i, too, would be interested to know if you can make a sugar-free version.