The Phillies lead 3 games to 1 - GO PHILLIES!!
Ever since I was a wee young "lad" (those were my initials), I have enjoyed the Phillies. On my softball "trading card" when I was 9, I listed Mike Schmidt as my favorite player and the Phillies as my favorite team. I can remember my freshman year of college when the Phils were last in the World Series, they lost btw. That was 15 years ago!! And now they are in it again and just one win away from taking the title!!
While I do cheer on the Phillies, I'll just note they are only one of two of the Philly teams I like. I also like the Flyers (hockey) and anyone can have the Eagles and 76'ers (Sorry Mom). I've been to some Eagles games (only to cheer on the Dallas Cowboys) and Philly fans can be RUDE. I've never been to a Phils game, so the same could be true, but they just hold a spot in my heart, LOL!!! As for the 76'ers, I detest watching basketball on TV - hearing the shoes squeak is the most annoying thing to me!!! And just to add, as I'm mentioning sports, I also root for the Penn State Nittany Lions. My sister graduated from PSU and I always enjoyed visiting that campus and even spent some weekends with her. I got my master's from PSU, but the Harrisburg branch, not main campus.
So, please cheer on the Phillies with me!!
And as a thank you, here's a picture from the past!! Oh, the seriousness with which I played! ;-)
Don't forgot I will be picking a winner tonight for the handbag! Click here to go to the post.


10 comments:
That picture made me smile. Wow - it looks just like you in the face - I love how we grow, but hang on to that "look" that makes us, us.
You sure took your game seriously girl!
Course, you don't look so serious when I see you. Is meeting with me not serious???
A avid sports fan, too. You are very multi faceted. We are not very sports minded. Of course MOST Okie are absolutely nuts over football around here and OU (red) & OSU (orange)!!!
Susan
it's not over yet!!!
Go rays!!!!
Cheer the Phillies? You betcha, slugger.
;-D
What a great picture of you! That's a serious young ball player if ever I saw one! :D
Oh, by the way...thank you so much for being willing to help the Home School Open House button link back to me. I just e-mailed you! :)
what a precious picture. not that you are preciuos in it =) just that you have it (and willing to share it!). does it bring up all kinds of memories for you?
i played softball too... end of h.s. and then right after h.s. again when i moved here to colorado. i played for the church team.
L.A.D
I am a huge Phillies fan..and Mike Schmidt! Can't believe yet another commonality between us=)
I went around being called J.A.G.
I liked the G so much I married a guy with a last name that began with G(well not really but it did work out nicely=)
Sorry dear friend, my husband says, "NO CAN DO!"
We still love you and hope you feel the same about us even if "he" is hoping for the Rays.
Love your pic. Love your blog. Love everything here...but can't go for the Phillies when the Rays are 45 minutes up the road from me. I don't even LIKE baseball...but I have to stay true to the hometown.
Hugs,
:-) Susan
Post a Comment