Now, with Elle, we're getting to that point that if she naps too long in the afternoon, she'll be up til 11 singing in her bed...which isn't that bad since she stays in her bed, except we can still hear her when we're in bed!
The other day, she and Quintin were in their rooms playing and I had hoped they wouldn't take naps so we could put them to bed a little earlier at night.
As I took her up, she asked if she could play with her dollhouse til it was time to get up. I told her yes, but she had to stay in her room. I also said if she got tired, she could climb in bed and rest a little.
She assured me she was not tired and would play until I came in to get her.
Famous Last Words: "I'm not tired. I will just play until it is time to come out."
Here's what I found when I opened her door (it was just too precious that I had to grab the camera!)
Poor lil' thing. She's got a bruise on her chin from trying to pull a "stick" out of the ground - it was a root and snapped back down after she had just gotten it above her head!
And her shirt? "Tiaras make you taller!"
To read more Tiny Talkers, visit Mary at notbefore7.

14 comments:
Oh, this is just too precious! Love the story and the picture.
Oh how many times in the growing up years do we hear "I'm not tired!" only to find them sleeping somewhere like this. This picture is simply precious. I used to let the boys just "rest" in their room (which they shared) and I loved listening to their quiet conversation from the other side of the door until they fell asleep. Those are sweet sweet memories...as this will be for you.
Hugs,
Susan
How does she sleep in all those strange positions?? Too cute!
AWWW! I love the picture. She was just going to sit there and rest her eyes for a minute...:-)
I guess being a kid really is hard work.
LOL.
didn't i see a picture many many posts ago of her sleeping in her closet?
leigh ann, you need to get that girl a bed.
Bless her heart! That picture's a keeper! I have a 3yo and we have similar issues w/ naps. He gets SO tired, but if he sleeps too long, then bedtime is rough. It's a thin line...
Too cute! Cherish the times that they still nap ... mine need it some days, but there would be NO way they would admit it :) Right now, we are in the middle of VBS, so late nights every night.
Blessings!
Shirley
ROTFL!!! They can fall asleep in the oddest positions! I got a great pic of Savannah on the way home Saturday from my Extreme Race. I would have had such neck pain if I tried that!
She is so cute!!
My children on the other hand will.not.fall asleep unless they are in bed. Whether I like that or not.
HA!
LOL! How on earth can they do that? Poor thing - mommy clearly makes her do too many chores...LOL!
OH * MY * WORD! That is priceless. You were so wise to pull out the camera, it's great!
Yup, I hear my kids every night as they are always up later than me. Oh for the days when my little ones went to bed at 7PM. Now I'm the one ready for bed by 7, hehe.
That was cute. She was tired...falling asleep sitting up.
This is such a great shot! And such an example of "Momma knows best" - they never think they are tired enough to sleep! You'll be passing this pic around for years to come!
Andrea
Post a Comment