I thought blogging would be a nice way to stay in touch with family...a year later, I wonder if my family even reads it! ha - I know you're reading mom and dad...thanks! :)
I hope each of you know how much I appreciate you stopping by and making me part of your day. I have a few prizes I'd love to give away this week as a thanks for stopping by kinda-thing.
Leave me a comment as to why you'd read this crazy momma's ramblings for another year and you'll have the chance to win one of these 3 prizes.
First, the cookbook, "The Best of Cooking Light" featuring "over 500 of our all-time greatest recipes."
And third, I have a copy of Southern Living's "Christmas with Southern Living 2007."Leave as many comments as you like, be creative - make me laugh!! Points for originality, fun and creativity may be taken into account for scoring purposes ;-) wink-wink!
And, if you feel like telling me which prize you'd like to win the most, please do!
This contest will remain open until noon on Friday, Feb 1 (est).
Winners will be posted Friday evening.
85 comments:
I've enjoyed reading your blog this past year and will continue to read it in the year to come. You make me laugh, think, and ponder. I've gotten to know you better through this blog (even if we do attend the same church). Now for the "browny points"....one of my recipes made your other blog, I'm the first to comment (unless someone publishes theirs first-since I pushed a wrong button and lost my first comment--that's why I'm not blogging yet--it would take me forever to figure all the technology out :)), and I can make T a shoofly pie... LOL....
Keep up the great,creative work!!
Jezz
I don't think I'll be earning any bonus points, for I'm not that creative, but I LOVE your blog Leigh Ann. I'm so glad to have "met "you through this internet world! You make me laugh so often, and that's so good for us! And you make me think. I love that you enjoy your life, and I enjoy taking a peek into it!
Happy happy blogging anniversary....I can't believe I've only been reading your blog for a year. It feels like I've "known" you forever! I've loved getting to know your sweet little family.
Not too creative...but full of hugs!!
:-) Susan
I love reading your blog, even though I don't make it over here everyday. I love getting to know you through blog world and would miss your posts if you stopped blogging. Congrats on the one year anniversary!!!
Leigh Ann
happy blogoversary=) I enjoy reading your blog for your sense of humor, your creativity, your thoughtful insight and of course pics of your kids. And I have tried one of your recipes and hope to make more, for one, the monster cookie recipe. You are smart, witty, kind, caring and soo funny! I've known you for how many years, but not really "known" your personality. Too bad we didn't get to chat more at the Christmas dinner. I turned around after lunch and you were gone! Keep on bloggin, I enjoy your blog, as a matter of fact it's one of 3 in my favorites!
Monica
I read your blog because you're YOU and we had an instant connection. I don't think it coincidental that your blog started 2 days before mine. You've "led" me all the way!!!!!
I put my dibs in for the chocolate and wash cloth. Why? ...well chocolate DUH and YOU MADE the wash cloth. Something special from you.
((hugs))
Susan
Happy Blog Anniversary. Mine is coming up too as well as my b-day is coming right up - in a couple days to be exact. I should do something like this.
I read your blog because I love to come over here everyday and read what all is going on in your life. Truly because I feel I've made a great friend. You are always so kind, uplifting, inspiring, fun, you make me laugh, cry and etc.
I love your cooking blog and prayer blog as well.
Also, I started blogging around the same time you did.
All your giveaways sound great.
I would love any of them.
I read your blog because you make me.
In all seriousness, Leigh Ann, I read your blog because if I don't I feel all lost and empty inside.
OK...so maybe the emotion isn't that strong. But I do get excited when I see you've posted something new.
Are you laughing yet?
Really, Leigh Ann, thank you for visiting my blog oh-so-long ago and leaving a comment. You really have made blogging more fun for me. And the advice you've given me as I venture in to homeschooling has been invaluable.
Thank you.
And Happy Blogoversary.
Happy Blogoversary!! Enjoy your day in the limelight. ;) :)
if i was a vlogger (like you), i'd sing a happy blogoversary song to you. but i'm not that brave.
maybe that's one reason i read your blog... because you are brave in what and how you post. you show us who you really are - which is a fun and funny, creative, down to earth, God and family lovin' gal. your personality shines through every post you do. i don't remember how i came across your blog, but i am so glad i did :]
oh, and the other reason... your kids (duh!). i love to hear about them and see them in your pictures or videos. they make me smile :D
Yes, Happy Blogoversary! I read you because you are funny, sweet, and have cute kids...not to mention extremely talented with graphics, and I always wonder when I will see a new layout. You also inspire me to be more crafty with my children. Too bad I haven't acted on that inspiration yet, but there is always hope. Did that earn me enough points?? LOL
BTW, I want the cookbook! Hee hee
You have only been blogging ONE YEAR??? Seems like I have known you forever!! And ever...and ever.
Seriously...how about you let me win because you are my long-lost-separated-at-birth-but-born-a-month-after-me-TWIN!!
HEY! I should get the prize since I started you on this path of craziness. And friends. And fun. And a way to have some hope of remembering what we did this past year.
Maybe I should give you a prize because if you didn't come read my blog in those early days I might have gotten bored with it and quit.
And that would be tragedy.
Happy Blogoversary! (I love that word. :) )
And, can I have the chocolate? Please, please, please? he he
Boy, where do I start??!! I love reading your blog because you are so real....you crack me up alot....give me inspiration and I would love to read your blog for another year!
I'm back and leaving another comment.
You did say we could leave as many as we like, right? ;-D
1. I read your blog because I went to school with you and your man.
2. You got me reconnected with 2 good friends from MCHS by finding my moms blog (monica who told another friend, check my blog to see the other one).
3. You post old pictures of yourself
4. You have cute funny kids
5. You are giving away Wilber chocolates, which I can't get unless my parents visit, or I visit them, or I win them in a contest on a blog.
6. I would like the chocolate in case I wasn't obvious enough.
I don't know when or how I even ended up reading your blog! BUT you are a fellow Pennslyvanian and the only other Pennslyvanian that I know that blogs soooooooooo LOL You always post cute things and I like reading about your kids and I love all your recipes! Ok so I don't know how funny that is or interesting but I had to post something to be eligible to win!! :-)
Happy Blogoversary!!!
I shouldn't win a prize because, well, I haven't been a committed regular attender (I am a bit confused at times...)and I'm not from Pennsylvania, and I'm not that witty, so I probably won't make you laugh (okay, pretend I'm Eeyore and maybe this will all make sense) and - well, there are probably lots of reasons.
However, if you do so choose to send a goody my way, I'm fighting over the dishrag and chocolates with Penless Thoughts for her exact same reasonsings. She is sooo wise!!!
Now, since you obviously love Colorado and I live in Colorado you should consider me, unless my tail drops off again and then you might forget me while I'm away searching for it. Ho Hum!
Oh - and - Tag You're IT!
I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck. ;-D
I'm disqualified now, aren't I.
Okay, I see Just Mom is thinking the more you comment the more you win. I also see she has tried to kiss your feet in hopes of winning. Does that woman stop at nothing?! Hehe! Good thing I love her so much.
Why do I read your blog? Why do I read your blog? Why do I read your blog? Hmmm, cuz you sometimes give stuff away and I'm a great winner. Naw, I read because I really love your kids. Sometimes I think my relationship with them is scary...you know the head on a stick and all. I also read your blog because you have become one of my best friends in all of Pennsylvania, well my only friend in PA. You are one of my best friends period. Love you!
Oh, I forgot, I don't really want any prizes. Thanks for your wonderful offer, but you've already blessed me enough with all the blog help.
I do plan on returning to comment again....just not tonight :o)
Happy Blogoversary!
I enjoy reading your blog because so many of the things you post remind me of home, and I am very far away from there right now. Even those who comment on your blog mention things like "shoofly pie." By the way, did you know those can travel quite well around the world? My cousin and his 3 kids baked 16 pies one day to send all over the world! We were blessed to be one of the recipients. What was I talking about again...oh yeah...
I need chocolate! Let's face it, many of those who are commenting on your blog don't know the sheer joy of a Wilbur chocolate bud, and they won't even know what they are missing.
All your other prizes are great and would have a happy home here too.
Again, happy blogoversary! It has been great to connect again.
You want to know why I'd read this crazy momma's ramblings for another year?
Well, for starters, you have a way with words! REALLY!!
And you have kids, like I do, and I enjoy reading about the trials and tribulations of others and their children.
And lastly, you have a cooking blog. Gotta love that!
I may not comment but I'm always lurking!
Happy Blogoversary!!!
Happy Blogoversary Leigh Ann! Now don't freak out :-/ but I've been a secret reader for months now and just couldn’t pass on your "give-a-ways". I'm not a blogger myself; though I've thought about it many times. It’s just as fun for me to read your entries! It’s like your writing about my life – scary hugh?
So this is why I read: Anyone with 3 young (and might I add adorable – point for me LOL) children, home schools, runs a home based business (S*L* - is there anything else? Another that deserves 2 points), cooks wonderful meals (point), keeps after the house, is overly creative and talented (point - point), posts younger photos of themselves (cheerleading from MC – Go Barons! & engagement day from 1995) and marries their high school sweetheart(match point!) is someone I want to read more about! LOL! T looks just like he did in school! I’m waiting for your “Calgon – Take Me Away” entry, minus the overflowing bubble bath photo please – this is a family site ;-)
More seriously though Leigh Ann, your entries have a contagious oar to them. I find myself logging on a few times a day just to see if you have posted anything new! No pressure – just keep doing what you’re doing. I enjoy your everyday life stories (there seems to be hidden encouragement meant just for me at times, but how could it be – I haven’t made myself know until now). I LOVE Catch us in the kitchen, seeing new pic’s of your kidos, and how God is your center in personal and family life. If I'm in need of a good book, I just check your currently reading list. So keep up the great work and maybe one day, I’ll be asking you to visit my site! Thanks :-)
Renee Shirk - MC class ‘91
Good night.
I'll be back tomorrow. :-D
Good Morning to the bestest blogger in the who-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ole world.
:-D
I've decided I'm more competitive than what I thought. I couldn't resist coming back to let you know that I enjoy your blog because you can vlog with the best of them!
Keep up the fun and the writings of an awesome (sometimes wacky) mom of three little munchins.
If I win the rug that you made do I get to pick my own color? Oops, I guess the rug was not on the list.
Ummmmm, you might want to consider putting a restriction on that one commenter that seems to be stalking you. She really needs to get a life. I have a feeling that she never sleeps and is trying to win by leaving the most comments.
Do you have an almost winner prize for most comments left?
Did I tell you that we are in a blizzard? I have nothing to do all day but comment on blogs. Can you imagine?
Hope you are having a really great day and enjoying all the wonderful comments from your friends who love you so much.
I was going to tell you something else, but now I forgot. I will stop back when I think of it.
Hmmmm, what was it again?
Oh, I just remembered...your word verification or whatever it's called is very annoying. This doesn't mean I love you less, it just means that it's a real pain.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
You're faithful and funny
That's why I visit you.
Violets are blue
Roses are red
And your kids are SO cute
Not enough can be said.
Happy one year - and many more!
Ok, so you just posted this yesterday, right?? Did I just spend 30 mins trying to scroll to the bottom because there are WAY too many posts? This is why I love reading your blog. You can relate to so many people, you have a great sense of humor, you don't take things too seriously, I've enjoyed getting to know you, your children crack me up, and mostly because you are such a genuine person. Thanks for making this blogging adventure all the more fun. Happy Blogoversary!
Hmmm...why do I read your blog? Well, really I just read it to see what Just Mom and Ginger have to say when they comment. And yep, it paid off this time. They are cracking me up! Gosh I love those gals....oh...AND YOU! he he!
more later...K just hit her lip with a light chaser. Yeah, you know I love you cause you can relate to that.
OK, I realized that you were the BOMB and we were meant to be blogging friends when you posted that vlog of yourself talking WAY too late at night. I mean, there you were rambling about takes, and the time, and suddenly Ginger popped out on a stick...what is NOT to love about a girl who will put that on line????
You introduced me to status conversations in goo.gle chat... for that I am forever grateful. You taught me to waste precious moments of my day updating my status as if someone, somewhere out there cares that it's "resttime" or "superwhy"...but YOU convinced me that they do!
And shoes...I knew that I couldn't stop reading your blog when you introduced me to the beautiful colors of fall. Yep, the best fall colors ever!
Happy blogging anniversary. My last thought is that if I win, I am hoping for that chocolate. You know I don't cook...though I do like to try a recipe sometimes...but you got me hooked on that chocolate with a sample a while back and I think it is time for some more. :)
I just started reading and am enjoying. Great to "meet" you!
Pick me---I won't stalk you like Just Mom and Ginger. :-)
I'm very sorry that Michelle, my dearest and bestest friend in South Africa thinks that Just Mom is a stalker. How dare she! Just Mom is JUST priceless! Michelle is a dear and although she drinks Dr Pepper and not diet Pepsi I know you would adore her. By the way, did she call me a stalker, too? How dare she!
I got to thinking about winning a prize. I know I'm so not deserving, but who do you know in the entire world who loves chocolate more than me? Now, I'm just saying, it seems sick and wrong that I've never tasted a bite of the best chocolate anywhere. I think you should pick me just out of pure sympathy for my lack of good chocolate in my life. Here I sit eating every other brand known to man except your famous brand. Something is SO very wrong with this picture.
Time to go drop Michelle an email and give her a piece of my mind!
Unlike the selfish people reading this blog (Just Mom and Ginger....just kidding! I don't know you two, but I am coming to visit because you are hysterical!), I am leaving this comment in honor of Short Stop. With her new bundle of love at home, she is too busy to comment, but I know she loves you and your blog. After living with her for several years (I think you knew we were college roommates), I can say that she would love any and all of these prizes. I can't do much to help her with Lincoln from the other side of the world, but I can at least help her not to miss out on the chance to enter this giveaway and tell you how much she has valued your friendship. It was SO thoughtful of you to send her that care package of things she misses from living on the east coast. So, SG, this comment's for you!
ok. I see I need to get serious here. I need to win the chocolate because I am home with a sick husband and child. So I need the antioxident properties of the chocolate. They keep coughing all over me. Help. Must have chocolate.
Guess who....?
;-D
A selfish stalker...wow, I'm getting quite the reputation on this blog.
I guess some kind of reputation is better than no reputation, right?
I can be a smooze, too. Have I told you lately that I love you? You are so amazing, fun, creative, sweet, caring, awesome mother, faithful wife, and so much more.
Who wouldn't want to love you?
When do I get my prize?
Ohhhh, and I too want to speak for dear Sarah at home and so busy with her little miracle. She really does deserve the chocolate. Just mail it to me and I'll see that she gets it...bawhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I just couldn't keep myself away from your absolutely wonderful blog.
See what I mean?
I just keep having to come back.
If it wasn't for Just Son saying something about how his tummy was growling and how he needed to eat, I would be here all day.
I should win because of my commitment to DETAIL when reading each and every post.
Enjoy your day, you wonderful, fabulous, exceptional, outstanding, fantastic, dynamic blogger, you.
Yeah. Mary is a little long-winded. ;-D
yeah...ummm...mail the chocolate to short stop. (what's with all the unselfishness here??) Making those of us who WANT the chocolate look bad.
Not to mention Ginger pulling a fast one, never having had the chocolate...
BUT, I point out that UNLIKE me, she doesn't know what she is missing.
Just kidding, Mary. :-D
Is your Gmail inbox full yet?
Send me the chocolate and send Short Stop a card.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
:-D
You're regretting leaving it open to multiple comments, aren't you.
I'd love that hand-knitted dish cloth, by the way. I don't need more chocolate in my diet.
I may be long winded...but Aisha is a bit long "spaced"
meaning this
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
Love ya JM!
Can we do this every week? It is fun! And Leigh Ann can send us all chocolate.
I am spending more precious moments here than I am on my status these days....
Just wondering if you're missing me.
Mary ---
no
offense
taken.
I will gladly read your blog for another year if I win either of the 2 cookbooks. If I DON'T win, I will still read - but with less enthusiasm at first.
I have to keep reading because now you are doing a new study and you may share some real wisdom with us. I also need to get ideas for school. How else will I know what I am missing than to compare my school world to yours. So, that is why I will read another year.
(Not to mention I kinda like visiting ya now. You've become one of my blogging friends now! So you are stuck with me!)
Blessings!
*sigh
The fun must end today
and we'll all go on our way
but we'll be back
and we each hope to see
that the winning name is "me me me"
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
(Ok, so I'll be back even after the contest...even if I don't win...I guess...)
Leigh Ann is number one
She is so much fun
whether deep or shallow thoughts
I like reading her blog a ton!
I come here to see
Quintin and E
and little baby Colin
who is the same age as D.
Similar are we
it is easy to see
with three little kids
and we're stay at home mommies.
She makes me smile
She goes the extra mile
Making me TTT graphics
That are all so in style.
So I want to win
some chocolate my friend
whether it is boxed
or in a tin
Cookbooks are neat too
but I don't cook like you
so although they might look pretty
no chocolate would make me blue
Yes, I'd like some big hips
as chocolate passes through my lips
cause I don't work out like you
running or doing flips.
(hey...I needed a rhyme)
It's OK if I lose
cause you help me find new shoes
and you were so right about the boots
That make my "jeans" look good.
(no it doesn't rhyme, but it had to be said)
Have fun today my friend
Reading these till the end
and then I know that it is
yummy chocolate that you will send
(to me that is)
(referring to Mary's comment above)
Oh brother.... (add eye roll, too)
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
I read your blog
because I have to.
(is that original enough for you now?)
Love ya, Leigh Ann.
sigh...
JM's poem actually made me laugh out loud. All my effort there and SHE makes the simple sarcastic poem that makes me crack up.
That's talent!
Well fought JM!
Dear Miss Leigh Ann,
I want some chocolate milk, so can you please pick my Mommy?
Love,
Lincoln
(shameless. shameless appeal.)
I sure hope noon gets here quick. Just Son is beginning to wonder why his mommy keeps running back and forth from "school" to her office.
See how dedicated I am to your blog?
BTW ... I think I should win one of your fabulous prizes simply because I've been putting up with this word verification #@$! this whole time while leaving you multiple messages.
Ok, Where does Mary get the time for such creativity???? I love the amusing comments. Obviously, you're the best!
Am I disqualified because I said #@$!
Hey Girlfriend, I came home from work early due to the bad weather. I think this is a sign that the chocolate is on it's way to my house....woohoo!
You mean it's come down to writing poems and using a baby to win this prize? What has your blog come to?
As for Mary's comment about me not knowing what I'm missing...she can drive over and get own chocolate. I would need to drive a whole day! That's just not right! I need to taste that chocolate.
When is your next contest/giveaway? Can't wait!
If you scroll down this page really quick like all you see is Just Mom's face, hehe. She should win just for posting her face more than anyone else.
BAGL, Ginger. BAGL.
Mary wanted me to get in a "good last word" on this post. I give you two:
Zyxt (an obsolete Kentish word that is the second singular indicative present form of the verb "see" in the online Oxford English Dictionary). The next-to-last is "zyxst," an obsolete word meaning "sixth."
And, "zyzzyva," a tropical American weevil. Some online dictionaries list this as the last word.
Do I win? :-D
Good grief you people are persistent!
I've hopefully lost a few pounds over all the laughing since Tuesday.
Thanks friends.
See you back here tonight - late. I've got a date with my man and my parents are watching the little ones!
LAST WORD
Post a Comment