Father in heaven, we are now less than 1 week away from celebrating your Son's birth.
As the days get closer and the holiday rush comes upon us, help us to keep in sight the true reason for the season.
We love the presents, but we thank you for the present of your Son.
We love the lights all around us, but we are grateful for the Light of the world.
We love the decorations, but we are mindful that we don't have to decorate our life before we come to you; that you are more concerned with the internal decoration of having Jesus as Lord in our hearts.
The days are getting closer, so we pause again, to recognize you, our grown-up Lord and Savior.
Help us always to have room for you in our hearts.
In your name, Amen.
*Taken from The 25 Days of Christmas

9 comments:
So lovely and so true!! Thanks for sharing this! I look forward to getting that book next year!! It sounds awesome.
Blessings friend!
So true...I loved this prayer!
Beautiful Advent prayer Leigh Ann.
Love it.
Christ is the best present and light for all of us.
Amen! May we be consistently reminded to keep our focus on Christ, not just now but through our daily lives.
Thank you for helping me to take a little more time to stop and pray for what the season demands today. It is so easy to forget and that is what the enemy wants.
i love this prayer. it's beautiful. thanks for sharing it.
What a wonderful prayer, Leigh Ann.
Kelli
Every word of that is so true!! Thanks for the reminder...and boy do I need it some days lately.
Beautiful much more spot on than my Christmas list post. :-)
Glad you stopped by...I was thinking of you this morning (your middle of the night). I know that sounds weird as we don't know each other and I don't know much about you but I think I saw your comment pic on someones blog and I wondered how you were and what you are like. :-)
Happy belated to your little one too. Fun, fun age eh?!
Post a Comment