I've been wanting to share two of our 'extra projects' that we've been doing. Quintin had a great time painting them and I think they turned out really cute.Let's all climb aboard the Quintin Train!
We also found some inexpensive wooden kits at the local craft store. Quintin's first choice was this race car!
To see more Show & Tells, head over to Kelli's!
What fun projects have you recently done or plan to do soon with your children?

32 comments:
This is so cute!!! You say they're kits....does that mean you get to paint them too?
I got the train letters at either AC Moore or Micheal's. They were sold individually, and I used our acrylic paints to paint them - paints I had from other projects.
I bought the race car at Michael's. It just says Wood Model Kit and it is distrubted by Micheal's store. It comes with the pre-cut sanded wood, 4 paint colors, glue, paintbrush and sandpaper - I paid $.99.
After Quintin painted the projects, we sprayed them with a clear finish.
These are really cute. Quintin did a GREAT job and I know how proud he must be.
Susan
Great job Quentin.
Very nice. I like it.
We have the D E R E K blocks on a flatbed truck that we purchased at a craft show. I haven't painted ours yet though. You've inspired Derek and I to get his painted.
Great job! We used to make these as kids for a church group we were in and we would race them against other kids. I think they are called pine wood derby's. Thanks for sharing your train and car with us.
~Amy
These are awesome! What fun projects. Love the colors!
Well, we just did pumpkin carving...Jack was grossed out by the insides of the pumpkin! LOL! Can't say I blame him.
Thank you for posting the finished product. I had wondered what it would look like. Great project.
By the way, there's something for you on my blog. :-D
My son has a train in his name too. They are really cute. :D
What fun projects! Quintin must be very proud! blessings...
That car reminds me of the AWANA Grand Prix cars I used to do with my boys for years and years and years. Yep ... me. My husband is not a hands on kind of guy. He is all about words and thoughts and stuff like that. I am the one that does all the tool box sort of things.
Tell Quintin I love his choice of colors. Very cool.
yeah, remember the craft post? that's it. i'm good now until valentine's day:0)
He did a great job! They are so cute. I love getting kids involved with making things with their hands at a young age.
I am not doing show and tell today---but I just wanted to say how cute the train and race are:)
Julieann
wow --I am impressed--did he do it all by himself???
He is one talented kid! Looks great!
He did most of the painting, but I did do some touch up so there wouldn't be any bare spots!
When my grandsons were little, they loved these wooden projects. We'd put them together and they'd paint them. They still have them today.
Very cute! What a great project.
So very neat! I love the projects.
We are busy cutting out blocks and sewing!
both look great. quintin must have had a fun time painting. i always wanted something like that for my kids, but never did it.
thanks for sharing and i hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hi Leigh Ann :) How wonderful these are! Your little Mr Q did a fine job on them - thanks for letting us enjoy them. Blessings, Q
How neat! I love the train.
I love toys made out of wood like that and what a wonderful idea to let the child paint it himself...he certainly did a terrific job:-) xo
they are so cute!
have a great weekend
A completed project! Don't you love it.
Hey I just bought that same car kit for 75% off! I got a ton of them thinking they'd make great gifts for Christmas. We got several models.
I love the train and the fact that he did it makes it that much more special.
Hugs,
Susan
Thanks for the birthday balloons. They were the only ones I've had for years! Very Special!!! :)
HmmmmI can totally do show and tell today...am I too late?????
Love Quinton's letters. I'll have to share the ones I am going to make Courtne yfor Christmas....if I ever get them done
So cute! I need to be better about doing crafts with my kids.
Loved Heidi's comment, hehe.
You really should get the mom of the year award, girl!
I used to paint stuff all the time, but I told my kids to go play.
Its adorable and I know Quentin must be very proud of it.
HI! THERE IS A TREAT WAITING FOR YOU AT MY BLOG---THE SATURDAY POST I MADE [PHOTO HUNT --PHOTO 'HAUNT']--SCROLL DOWN
Post a Comment