October 30, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Mary
is hosting TTT, head on over to her site to read more!

It is always amazing to me what kids pick up without you even knowing it, such is the case with our Tiny Talk this week.

I work with Quintin on memorizing Bible verses. Elle is always in the room when we practice and it shouldn't have come as a surprise the other night when she could finish it. We were all in the truck having run some errands and I was getting Quintin to say his for his dad. Something got my attention and I didn't finish saying the reference scripture and a little voice from the back finished it for me. I then went through the verse with Elle and she had almost all of it! T and I were both shocked - and proud of her. Quintin was excited for her too.

So, the next morning I taped them both with my camera. You'll hear a few hoots and hollers in the background from Colin, but I think its pretty clear overall, I hope at least!!






post signature

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Something we really need to start doing better w/ our children! Give yourselves a pat on the back!
Going in to help w/ N's class today. Yippey!!

Just Mom said...

WOO-HOO! GO ELLE! GREAT JOB, QUINTIN!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Great work on your part, too LA!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

"No perish..."

So great. They both did such a good job.

I remember the time that T began repeating the things that K was learning.

Now see, aren't you glad you stayed up just a little later!

Pen of Jen said...

Leigh Ann
You are fulfilling your role so well! You are raising up soldiers in God's Army and I am so happy.

Great job Elle and Quintin!!!

God's girl said...

That is so precious!
Blessings,
Angela

Tracy said...

And that is not only cute, but useful! Way to go Mom, Quintin, and Elle!

... said...

great job - all three of you. i love reading your kid's tiny talk - but really hearing it makes my day.

Susan said...

Cute as always!!! Just an example that they pick up EVERYTHING, good and bad, that they hear.
Susan

Heather K said...

(Elle)should not perish but have....a baby...(Mommy)everlasting life...
lol hahaha...too funny...AND too cute!
that's great that you've got them memorizing scripture!! They'll never forget it...it sticks!
Have a great week Leigh Ann!!

weavermom said...

She did great!! And very cute at the same time. :)

Short Stop said...

That's so awesome!! They're gonna change the world, LA! :)

MorningSong said...

So sweet!! We were just talking about how we are so quick to teach our kids 'The itsy bitsy spider' at such young ages and then are shocked when they learn a memory verse. If they can learn Itsy Bitsy, they can memorize scripture!

So cute!

Jane said...

and the young shall teach the old!

Tammy said...

OH...this is precious! You are instilling the Word into their little hearts and planting seeds that will always be there!

I love when my girls memorized scripture, too...it's so exciting!

TO BECOME said...

I was so proud of them. They did great!!! This is the time that the scripture that they learn will stick with them for the rest of their lives and when a problem comes up God will bring it to their rememberance. I know he has for me. connie from Texas

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

That's so sweet! Isn't a blessing to see even the smallest ones hiding God's Word in their hearts? Blessings to your family. (I popped over from Mary's TTT.)

~ Amy ~ said...

How cute was that!!! So precious!

Tara O said...

isn't that PRECIOUS to hear them saying God's word?

Tracy said...

How cute is that?!??!

I think I say that every Tuesday...but geesh...they make me SMILE!!!