October 1, 2007

Remember....and tiny talk

I first want to take a moment to pause to remember the Amish community as today is the first anniversary of the Amish schoolhouse shooting.

The Amish closed the new school yesterday and had a meail with some neighbors as well as some state police troopers followed by an afternoon of watching a ball game. The school is expected closed today and they are asking to be left alone.

To read more, you can click here.

Please remember the families that lost daughters in that tragedy; the girls who are still recovering from their injuries; the wife and children of the shooter; and the community. For those who don't know, I live less than an hour from where this occurred.

Watercolor painting of West Nickel Mines School by local artist Elsie Beiler, titled "Happier Days."


*******************

Mary at Not Before 7 is hosting Tiny Talk again this week. Click over to her site to hear more!

********************

Dad was cooking on the grill Saturday night and Quintin innocently asked him, "Is everything burnin' good, Dad?"

*********************

At the table, with a very messy mouth, I asked Elle to wipe her face. She asked me "Why? Me no done yet."




post signature

21 comments:

Susan said...

Another occasion we must "never forget". Unfortunately, there are getting to be FAR to many such occasions.
Susan

Lori said...

Very cute!!! Your kids always say the cutest things.

I am pausing to remember that tragedy.

Just Mom said...

I'll pray for all in that community, as well as for you and your family.



*******
I'll also pray that your food is always "burnin' good" and that Elle will always enjoy your meals so much that she doesn't want to take a break from it to wipe. ;-)

~~Deby said...

...yes....I am sure this comjunity is till grieving....
love the *kid* type comments too...it's the grandmother in me..(or in my case..Nana)
Deby

Mrs. Breum said...

Elle is wise beyond her years!

~ Amy ~ said...

That was such a trajedy. I didn't realize it was a year already.

Funny comments your kiddos had. Isn't it hard not to bust out laughing at some of their come-backs?!!

jennifer said...

Leigh Ann, thank you for reminding us of the shooting. The way the Amish community handled this is an example to us all.

Thanks for tiny talk!

... said...

the anniversary of the amish schoolhouse shooting - the anniversary of the shooting of a girl at one of our mountain high schools - and visiting the columbine memorial last week... all reminders of tragic losses. my heart breaks for not only those who are directly affected, but for us as a country.

you must smile all day long being around your little munchkins. what!? they don't spout words of wisdom all day long? =]

Short Stop said...

Remembering along with you...

You're little ones are cuties. Quintin's question to T is so funny!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder to keep the Amish families in our prayers, Leigh Ann.

I agree with Lori, your kids say the cutest things!

Kelli

kdwhorses said...

I can not believe it has been a year already. I will pray for the community and there families.
*kids* say the cutest things.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the grill story!

I can't believe it's been a year already...it seems like just yesterday that schoolhouse shooting happened.

Ruth said...

Your kids say the funniest things all the time!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I thought of you as I heard a wonderful update on our local news today about your community. They really did a great job of reporting.

I hope many prayers are being said for this community.

Oh, and by the way, must be T grills like Dave, hehe.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Leigh Ann - Thank you for the reminder of the tragedy that struck. Thinking of everyone there today.

My food always burns good - he can come have dinner here!

Praise and Coffee said...

I can't believe it has been a year. That was so heartbreaking, I'm sure you felt it deeply.

Thanks for helping us remember.

Blessings,
Sue

Amber said...

OMGoodness, I was not aware of the shooting:(


LOL! burnin' good!

0:) Amber

Kerrie said...

Wow, a year already? Where did the time go? For me it flew by. I can only imagine that for them it's stood still.

Love what the kiddy cats has to say. Adorable!

onemotherslove said...

great quotes this week! : )

Myrna said...

What a sad day for so many people. Thank you for the reminder. We must not forget those families.

Anonymous said...

LOL, so Daddy must have a history of burning dinner?? LOL!