October 10, 2007

Can you?





Can you see it?


Can you feel it?

Can you sense it?



That excitement in their eyes, the "I can't believe it" shakes, the power building up inside them as they want to shout out, "I did it!"

The best part of teaching for me was that moment when something clicked for a student.

When a kindergartner got the words "Step-Hop" in his head to match his feet and skipped for the first time.

Can you see the excitement?

When the second grader pointed first, with his non-dominant hand and then threw the ball and it hit the back wall of the gym for the first time.

Can you feel the excitement?

When a fifth grader had mastered the steps to a country line dance and could keep up with me through the entire song?

Can you sense the excitement?

Those are the memories I've taken with me from my years of teaching.

But now, to be experiencing a new level of excitement in the faces of my own children - Nothing, absolutely nothing, can top that!!

Can you see it?

Can you feel it?

Can you sense it?

Can you hear my excitement?

Can you?


post signature

20 comments:

Just Mom said...

no.






;-D

Anonymous said...

Just Mom is just mean!

I felt it!

Can you teach me how to line dance? I always go the wrong way. I could never do step arobics either. I'm sure I had the wrong teacher.

Did I tell you Just Mom is just mean!

Anonymous said...

I bet Just Mom didn't give her son that cookie yesterday. What was your take on that one?

Kari said...

I can! That it exactly why I teach. (We all know it's not for the money!)

Momma Roar said...

Ginger - I'm not sure she gave him a cookie either - she may have said she did, but I betcha she uses 'em all to dip in her coffee!

And of course I'll teach ya to line dance! Right after I get the horse & buggy out to your house!

... said...

i feel it - i feel it!!

but i want to know if there was something specific your kids "got" that has you all excited.

Just Mom said...

To Ginger and LA:


:-P

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh...I can't wait for this girl! I LOVED when they "got" fractions! (yes, I LOVE math). I can't wait for those moments here at home!

I am so glad you shared this. I love sharing in your enthusiasm!

Susan said...

Loud & clear my dear.
Susan

Teresa said...

Oh, I hear ya! Being a former school teacher, just like you, I remember those moments and I am starting to have the same kind of exciting "I got it" moments with my kids. Love it!

weavermom said...

Yay! How fun - I love those days. They keep ya going, don't they?

Beach Girl said...

YES! :-)

Back from a break;it's good to be checking in on you again.

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Oh I sure can!!!! Isn't that the BEST feeling in the world?! I remember when Sadie was doing Pre-K and K work, those were such fun days. Seeing her eyes light up when she KNEW she *got it*! Loved that!

Amy said...

I feel it!

I hope my kids have a fabulous teacher like you someday. I wish I had a fabulous teacher like you today!

Heather K said...

I'm waiting for this Leigh Ann!! We're just getting started with our homeschooling..so I'm looking forward to it.
I DO remember from years ago when I homeschooled the older girls though and that was always a sweet thing!!

Short Stop said...

I can't wait! I see glimpes of it now...but I know there is so much more to come! :) I loved how you wrote this!

Lori said...

Great post.
Yes I can see and feel the excitement.
I love to see that when our kids accomplish things. It's a great feeling.

Amber said...

nothing can top it my friend, NOTHING!

BTW, you can country line dance?! IMPRESSIVE!!!! Teach me:D

0:) Amber

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this entry. I love those moments. It was great when I taught 5th graders, but it is even more exciting with "E" and "E"!

Let's go line dancing some day!!! "J" and I should just go again. It's been 9 1/2 years. Wow! Where did the time go?

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful feeling isn't it! :-)