June 26, 2007

This day is yours

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No. I give you blessings; happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me love others, as much as He loves me.
God said....Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

~author unknown


This day is yours - Don't throw it away.


(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

19 comments:

Susan said...

Hadn't heard these before. We keep asking and He keeps giving all ways.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Leigh Ann I love this. I never have read this before, but I will use this much!

Thank you very much
Jennifer

Susan said...

I love this. I received it in an email not long ago and I thought WOW! Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

First Time Mommy said...

Great post Leigh Ann! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!

Have a great day!
Erin

Lori said...

Great post.
Thanks for sharing it.

... said...

what a great reminder of how God works. He's not some big santa claus in the sky. He loves us so much and wants us to share that love with all.

thanks for sharing.

MorningSong said...

Great words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sandy said...

I have never seen that before but it was really nice. It has so much true meaning when you really think about it.

Just Mom said...

"I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned."

I'm still trying to learn.

Great list.

Anonymous said...

I had heard this before, but thanks for the reminder. I always enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this. It is a good reminder for me!
Jezz

Anonymous said...

His ways are always best. Sometimes I'm just a slow learner.

Myrna said...

We keep asking, He keeps teaching!
Great post!

Julieann said...

Ohh, LieghAnn---that gave me the chills. I pray for patience all the time--I must learn to have patience though. I am going to print this out. Thank you for posting it.

Julieann:)

Sheri said...

Oh that's good Leigh Ann. Thank yo us much for sharing... true, encouraging, and convicting.

Mrs. Breum said...

I loved that! Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

That was BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for stopping by, I don't mind a bit, you actually beat me to it, I've been meaning to stop by here.

God Bless,
Amber

Elizabeth said...

loved that! great poem!

Tara O said...

I love this!!!!!! Hope you don't care if I borrow it for my blog