Ok, so maybe it didn't happen exactly like that, but I was blessed yesterday with a phone call from dear Ginger!It was so wonderful to hear her voice. I don't know if she realizes how much she blessed me yesterday, but it was wonderful. We talked as if we've talked before and have been friends for years.
Ginger, you are such a special friend and wonderful godly mother and example to me, and many of us here in bloggerville!
Like Susan shared earlier this week, my feet were not touching the ground for the rest of the day either.
Later that afternoon, I received an email from Susan and she had asked me a question. So, I called her to tell it to her directly. I thought I would pass along the blessing I received. It was wonderful to hear her voice and accent too.
Ok, so I've met one blogger face to face, and have had the privilege to talk to 2 on the phone - in the same day!
Thank you Ginger and Susan for your friendships - to those of you I haven't met or spoken with - I certainly do hope to one day!
I made the picture above after Ginger left a comment on my post about meeting Ghost Girl - something to the effect of doing some of my 'fancy work' and adding her face in. Do you like our matching sweaters?
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
25 comments:
Holy smokes! Are you setting up a blogger girls convention without me? ;-D
How fun.
That picture cracks me up. I have to say that our phone conversation was almost like sitting in the same room together. I really felt like we had been friends forever...until you put in me the "older ladies" catagory,hehe!
The best day yet would be going to the park with your kids, but for now the phone call was wonderful. Thanks for picking up when you saw it was a STRANGER...ahhh!
We are relational people girls... glad to see that you took the techno out your relationship and talked on the phone. You are one step closer to face to face conversations!
The picture is so funny!
I find it curious that we women are not afraid to give out our phone numbers and meet face to face. This blogging world seems so real, and it is.
I'm just thinking of a conversation that I had with my 16 year old son, Mac. He was amazed that we would be meeting Vanessa in person. "She's very nice, and I'm glad that we met her, but I never would have done that." That is what he said to me after we did meet Vanessa. I'm glad that he IS stranger aware! I certainly wouldn't want my children to dive into meeting someone off of the internet.
On the other hand, I really do feel like I've known most of you for years!
My cup runneth over with JOY because you brought me great joy yesterday with your phone call. But, even more important than that, you bring me GREAT JOY every day as I log in to see what you are amazing me with next and just seeing your precious kids.
The picture is still another of your great skills. Too cute - even matching sweaters!!!
Love you Leigh Ann. You are special to me.
that picture is hilarious!
Awww, how sweet!
I am so happy to live in blogger land. I've met so many wonderful ladies and have learned so many things and have realized that I'm not alone in so many situations. It's so neat to hear of the connections that you've made.
wow! that's really neat that you took the initiative and made that phone call... I think it's really cool that you ladies are connecting like this!
Wow! What a blessing. How neat to be able to talk on the phone to a fellow blogger friend.
I hope to meet you ladies someday too.
LOVE the picture. I think it's so neat to form friendships like this. I think a blogger girls convention is a great idea! =o) Just awhile back I thought I'd make a blog to process church stuff, and then Trella introduced me to y'all, and now I am blessed by all of you wonderful ladies!!
LOL, well, aren't y'all cute?!
What fun! love your pic
No one ever calls me! Oh, must be the international charges! LOL! So neat ! to make friends this way!
That is so neat! I love that you have made such good friends, I have too. There are so many wonderful Christian women around here on blogville and I just plain love them!
Cute pic!
Leigh Ann you are truly talented with the pics. So cute!
It is amazing to be meeting so many Christian women who share similar experiences--even across "age categories!" LOL
It is difficult to put into words what it means to me to be"meeting" and visiting/talking to women like ya'll during this period in my life. Blogging--and the women it has brought into my life, are a definite answer to prayer for me. I will probably do a post about it when the time is right.
LOL! Great pic! I have a RL blogger friend but would love to meet or talk to other bloggers from other parts of the country. I think it's cool that you were able to do that!
It is so fun to have so many good blogger friends but to have one call you or to call one, I can only guess how truly great that would be. I am so glad that you have had the experience. connie from Texas
Awwww...how fun. I love it that you all talked to each other.
Isn't blogging GRAND???
:-) Susan
How fun is that?!? That picture is too funny.
How cool is that??? Love the photo.
Oh I'm so sure it would be so much fun to meet or actually hear the voice of a blogger friend! How wonderful!
The picture is a riot--I love the matching sweaters. That is so neat LeighAnn----I have talked to many I have met on the net, and I love all my friends:) Isn't it fun to hear voices for the first time.
Julieann:)
Oh, how neat. I love the photo-shopped picture, that is too cute. I'm glad you are getting to meet and talk to so many new people on here. There are so many wonderful women here!
It is amazing the depth of these cyber relationships! I bought a piano last week from a reference of a fellow blogger that I met online!
Post a Comment